May 06 2024
Monday

Tokyo Dome, Tokyo, Japan

12 rounds contest
@ Super Bantamweight
26-0-0

Estimated Ringwalk:

2024-05-06T11:00:00Z ()

broadcast start time:

US - TBC / UK - N/A

35-1-0

Contest odds

Inoue 2/25 (-1200)
Draw 22/1 (+2200)
Nery 7/1 (+700)

Chance of winning

88.11% 11.89%
Bovada logo

Bet on Inoue vs Nery
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

30
Age
29
5' 5" / 164 cm
Height
5' 5" / 165 cm
68.1" / 173 cm
Reach
65" / 165 cm
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Southpaw (L)

Full record

KO 10TKO 8KO 11TKO 2TKO 8
Form
KO 2TKO 11KO 3SD 10KO 7
26
Wins
35
23
By KO
27
88
KO%
77
0
Losses
1
0
Stopped
1
0
Draws
0
2012
Debut
2012
156
Pro rounds
175

Current rankings @ Super Bantamweight

-
The Ring
5
-
WBA
5
-
WBC
1
-
WBO
2
-
IBF
-

Inoue vs Nery betting preview

Bookmakers made Naoya Inoue a massive favourite against Luis Nery when they square off in their contest on Monday 6th May 2024 at Tokyo Dome, Tokyo, Japan.

He is currently 2/25 (-1200) to win the contest outright, while you can get 7/1 (+700) on Luis Nery if you fancy the massive upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 89% chance of Inoue winning while giving Nery a 11% chance.

Inoue opened as the favourite at 1/12 (-1200).

Nery opened at 13/2 (+650) which has shorten by 3/-2 (+70).

The fight is scheduled for 12 rounds in the Super Bantamweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 122 pounds (8.54 stones or 55.45 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.

This contest is for the undisputed super bantamweight championship of the world, with the The Ring, WBO, IBF & WBC belts on the line.

Inoue vs Nery Head To Head

Naoya Inoue steps into the ring with an undefeated record of 26 wins, zero loses and 0 draws, 23 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.

Luis Nery will make his way to the ring with a record of 35 wins, 1 loss and 0 draws, with 27 of those wins by knock out.

The stats suggest Inoue has advantage in power over Nery, with a 88% knock out percentage over Nery's 77%.

Inoue is currently 11/50 (-450) to get the knockout, while Nery is 14/1 (+1400).

Naoya Inoue is the older man by 1 year, at 30 years old.

Inoue has 3-inch reach advantage.

Naoya Inoue fights out of the orthodox stance, while Luis Nery is a southpaw.

Inoue is the less experienced professional fighter, having had 10 less fights, and made his debut in 2012, 4 months later than Nery, whose first professional fight was in 2012. He has fought 19 less professional rounds, 156 to Nery's 175.

If you think Nery will win on points, you can get odds of 14/1 (+1400), while Inoue is 5/1 (+500) to win on the scorecards.

Luis Nery is currently ranked number 5 by the WBA, 1 by the WBC, 2 by the WBO and 5 by the RING in the 122lb division.

Inoue vs Nery betting form

Inoue remains undefeated as a professional, stopping 5 of his recent opponents.

In his last fight, he won against Marlon Tapales on 26th December 2023 by knockout in the 10th round in their IBF World Junior Featherweight, WBA Super World Super Bantamweight, WBC World Super Bantamweight and WBO World Junior Featherweight championship fight at Ariake Arena, Tokyo, Japan. He was a 1/20 (-2000) favourite going into the ring.

Previous to that, he had won against Stephen Fulton on 25th July 2023 by technical knockout in the 8th round in their WBC World Super Bantamweight and WBO World Junior Featherweight championship fight at Ariake Arena, Koto-Ku. He was a 2/9 (-450) favourite going into the ring.

Going into that contest, he had beat Paul Butler on 13th December 2022 by knockout in the 11th round in their The Ring Bantamweight, WBO World Bantamweight, IBF World Bantamweight and WBC World Bantamweight championship fight at Ariake Arena, Koto-Ku, Tokyo. He was a 1/40 (-5000) favourite going into the ring.

Before that, he had defeated Nonito Donaire on 7th June 2022 by technical knockout in the 2nd round in their WBC World Bantamweight, WBA Super World Bantamweight and IBF World Bantamweight championship fight at Super Arena, Saitama.

He had won against Aran Dipaen on 14th December 2021 by technical knockout in the 8th round in their WBA Super World Bantamweight and IBF World Bantamweight championship fight at Kokugikan, Tokyo. He was a 1/50 (-5000) favourite going into the ring.

Nery has beaten 4 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 3 of them, going the distance once.

In his last fight, he defeated Froilan Saludar on 8th July 2023 by knockout in the 2nd round at Metepec, México, Mexico. He was a 3/50 (-1700) favourite going into the contest.

Previous to that, he had defeated Azat Hovhannisyan on 18th February 2023 by technical knockout in the 11th round at Pomona, California, United States. He was a 73/100 (-150) favourite going into the contest.

Going into that contest, he had beat David Carmona on 1st October 2022 by knockout in the 3rd round at Auditorio Municipal Fausto Gutiérrez Moreno, Tijuana, Mexico.

Before that, he had won against Carlos Castro on 5th February 2022 by split decision in their 10 round contest at Michelob Ultra Arena, Las Vegas, United States.

He had been beaten by Brandon Figueroa on 15th May 2021 by knockout in the 7th round in their WBC World Super Bantamweight and WBA World Super Bantamweight championship fight at Dignity Health Sports Park, Carson. He was a 2/5 (-250) favourite going into the contest.

Who's been more active?

If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, Naoya Inoue has been fighting more than Luis Nery.

Naoya Inoue last fought 4 months and 10 days ago, while Luis Nery's last outing was 9 months and 28 days ago.

Inoue's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 4 months and 22 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 5 months and 23 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 39 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 7.8 rounds on average.

Inoue is currently 11/50 (-450) to finish this fight in the 7th round, or 5/1 (+500) to win on points.

Nery's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 11 months and 21 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 7 months and 5 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 33 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 6.6 rounds on average.

Nery is currently 14/1 (+1400) to finish this fight in the 6th round, or +1400 (+1400) to win on points.

What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Inoue vs Nery Pre Fight?

The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 11:00 AM UTC at Tokyo Dome, Tokyo, Japan, which is 7:00 AM EST or 4:00 AM PST on the West Coast of America, or 12:00 PM BST in the UK.

Where Can I Watch Inoue vs Nery for In-Play Betting?

The fight will be broadcast in the United States by ESPN+.

Inoue vs Nery Odds History

Inoue vs Nery sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Inoue vs Nery
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Inoue vs Nery Betting Markets

Winner Method of result Round betting Grouped betting Fight to go the distance Total rounds
Inoue
Nery

Fight to go the distance

Yes
No

Total rounds

Under 3.5
Total rounds 3.5
Over 3.5
Under 4.5
Total rounds 4.5
Over 4.5
Under 5.5
Total rounds 5.5
Over 5.5
Under 6.5
Total rounds 6.5
Over 6.5
Under 7.5
Total rounds 7.5
Over 7.5
Under 8.5
Total rounds 8.5
Over 8.5
Under 9.5
Total rounds 9.5
Over 9.5
Under 10.5
Total rounds 10.5
Over 10.5
Under Rounds
Total rounds Rounds
Over Rounds

Join Box.Live, it’s free!

Sign up