Dec 31 2022
Saturday

Ota-City General Gymnasium, Tokyo, Japan

12 rounds contest
@ Super Flyweight
29-2-0

Est. ringwalk:

2022-12-31T11:00:00Z ()

broadcast start time:

US - N/A / UK - N/A

18-1-2

Contest odds

Ioka 67/100 (-150)
Draw -
Franco 11/10 (+110)

Chance of winning

55.7% 44.3%
Bovada logo

Bet on Ioka vs Franco
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

33
Age
27
5' 5" / 165 cm
Height
5' 5" / 165 cm
66.1" / 168 cm
Reach
66.9" / 170 cm
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

UD 12UD 12UD 12TKO 8UD 12
Form
UD 12UD 12TKO 9SD 10
29
Wins
18
15
By KO
8
52
KO%
44
2
Losses
1
0
Stopped
1
0
Draws
2
2009
Debut
2015
288
Pro rounds
137

Current rankings @ Super Flyweight

2
The Ring
5
-
WBA
-
-
WBC
-
-
WBO
-
-
IBF
-

Ioka vs Franco betting preview

Bookmakers made Kazuto Ioka a favourite against Joshua Franco when they square off in their contest on Saturday 31st December 2022 at Ota-City General Gymnasium, Tokyo, Japan.

He is currently 67/100 (-150) to win the contest outright, while you can get 11/10 (+110) on Joshua Franco if you fancy the small upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 56% chance of Ioka winning while giving Franco a 44% chance.

Ioka opened as the favourite at 4/6 (-150).

Franco opened at 11/10 (+110).

The fight is scheduled for 12 rounds in the Super Flyweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 115 pounds (8.05 stones or 52.27 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.

This contest is for the unified super flyweight championship of the world, with the WBA & WBO belts on the line.

Ioka vs Franco Head To Head

Kazuto Ioka steps into the ring with a record of 29 wins, 2 loses and 0 draws, 15 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.

Joshua Franco will make his way to the ring with a record of 18 wins, 1 loss and 2 draws, with 8 of those wins by knock out.

The stats suggest Ioka has a slight advantage in power over Franco, with a 52% knock out percentage over Franco's 44%.

Kazuto Ioka is the older man by 6 years, at 33 years old.

Franco has 1-inch reach advantage.

Both Kazuto Ioka & Joshua Franco fight out of an orthodox stance.

Ioka is the more experienced professional fighter, having had 10 more fights, and made his debut in 2009, 6 years and 3 months earlier than Franco, whose first professional fight was in 2015. He has fought 151 more professional rounds, 288 to Franco's 137.

Kazuto Ioka goes into the fight ranked number 2 by the RING at super flyweight.

Joshua Franco is currently ranked number 5 by the RING in the 115lb division.

Ioka vs Franco betting form

Ioka has won 5 of his most recent fights, stopping 1 of them, going the distance 4 times.

In his last fight, he defeated Donnie Nietes on 13th July 2022 by unanimous decision in their WBO World Junior Bantamweight championship fight at Ota-City General Gymnasium, Tokyo, Japan. He was a 9/50 (-560) favourite going into the ring.

Previous to that, he had defeated Ryoji Fukunaga on 31st December 2021 by unanimous decision in their WBO World Junior Bantamweight championship fight at Ota-City General Gymnasium, Tokyo. He was a 3/50 (-1700) favourite going into the ring.

Going into that contest, he had beat Francisco Rodriguez Jr on 1st September 2021 by unanimous decision in their WBO World Junior Bantamweight championship fight at Ota-City General Gymnasium, Tokyo.

Before that, he had won against Kosei Tanaka on 31st December 2020 by technical knockout in the 8th round in their WBO World Junior Bantamweight championship fight at Ota-City General Gymnasium, Tokyo. He was a 36/25 (+140) underdog going into the ring.

He had beat Jeyvier Cintron on 31st December 2019 by unanimous decision in their WBO World Junior Lightweight championship fight at Ota-City General Gymnasium, Tokyo. He was a 11/25 (-230) favourite going into the ring.

Franco has beaten 3 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 1 of them, going the distance twice.

In his last fight, he defeated Andrew Moloney on 14th August 2021 by unanimous decision in their WBA World Super Flyweight championship fight at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, Oklahoma, United States.

Previous to that, he defeated Andrew Moloney on 14th November 2020 by unanimous decision in the 3rd round in their WBA World Super Flyweight championship fight at The Bubble, MGM Grand, Nevada.

Going into that contest, he had defeated Andrew Moloney on 23rd June 2020 by unanimous decision in their WBA Interim World Super Flyweight championship fight at MGM Grand, Las Vegas. He was a 17/10 (+170) underdog going into the contest.

Before that, he had won against Jose Alejandro Burgos on 11th January 2020 by technical knockout in the 9th round at Alamodome, Texas.

He had drawn with Oscar Negrete on 10th August 2019 by split draw in their 10 round contest at Verizon Theatre, Texas.

Who's been more active?

If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, Kazuto Ioka has been fighting more than Joshua Franco.

Kazuto Ioka last fought 4 months and 26 days ago, while Joshua Franco's last outing was 1 year, 3 months and 25 days ago.

Ioka's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 11 months and 8 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 7 months and 2 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 56 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 11.2 rounds on average.

Franco's last 5 fights have come over a period of 3 years, 3 months and 29 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 8 months. In those fights, he fought a total of 46 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 9.2 rounds on average.

What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Ioka vs Franco Pre Fight?

The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 11:00 AM UTC at Ota-City General Gymnasium, Tokyo, Japan, which is 6:00 AM EST or 3:00 AM PST on the West Coast of America, or 11:00 AM GMT in the UK.

Ioka vs Franco Odds History

Ioka vs Franco sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Ioka vs Franco
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Ioka vs Franco Betting Markets

Install Box.live on your device: tapand then Add to Home Screen.

Join box.live, it’s free!

Sign up