Jul 07 2024
Sunday

Ryogoku Kokugikan, Tokyo, Japan

12 rounds contest
@ Super Flyweight
VS
31-2-1

Estimated Ringwalk:

2024-07-07T12:00:00Z ()

broadcast start time:

US - N/A / UK - N/A

16-0-0

Contest odds

Ioka 8/11 (-140)
Draw -
Martinez 11/10 (+110)

Chance of winning

54.83% 45.17%
Bovada logo

Bet on Ioka vs Martinez
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

35
Age
32
5' 5" / 165 cm
Height
5' 3" / 161 cm
66.1" / 168 cm
Reach
64.2" / 163 cm
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

KO 7UD 12MD 12UD 12UD 12
Form
TKO 11UD 12UD 12
31
Wins
16
16
By KO
9
52
KO%
56
2
Losses
0
0
Stopped
0
1
Draws
0
2009
Debut
2017
319
Pro rounds
103

Current rankings @ Super Flyweight

1
The Ring
2
-
WBA
-
-
WBC
-
-
WBO
-
-
IBF
-

Ioka vs Martinez betting preview

Bookmakers made Kazuto Ioka a slight favorite against Fernando Martinez when they meet in their bout on Sunday 7th July 2024 at Ryogoku Kokugikan, Tokyo, Japan.

He is currently 8/11 (-140) to win the bout outright, while you can get 11/10 (+110) on Fernando Martinez if you fancy the slight upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 55% chance of Ioka winning while giving Martinez a 45% chance.

Ioka opened as the favorite at 8/11 (-140).

Martinez opened at 11/10 (+110).

The fight is scheduled for 12 rounds in the Super Flyweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 115 pounds (8.05 stones or 52.27 kg) on the day of the weigh-in.

This contest is for the unified super flyweight championship of the world, with the WBA, and IBF belts on the line.

Ioka vs Martinez Head To Head

Kazuto Ioka steps into the ring with a record of 31 wins, 2 losses, and 1 draw, 16 of those wins coming by way of knockout.

Fernando Martinez will make his way to the ring with an unblemished record of 16 wins and 0 draws, with 9 of those by knockout.

The stats suggest Martinez has a slight advantage in power over Ioka, with a 56% knockout percentage compared to Ioka's 52%.

Kazuto Ioka is the older man by 3 years, at 35 years old.

Ioka has a height advantage of 2 inches over Martinez. This also extends to a 2-inch reach advantage.

Both Kazuto Ioka and Fernando Martinez fight out of an orthodox stance.

Ioka is the more experienced professional fighter, having had 18 more fights, and made his debut in 2009, 8 years and 4 months earlier than Martinez, whose first professional fight was in 2017. He has fought 216 more professional rounds, totaling 319 compared to Martinez's 103.

Kazuto Ioka goes into the fight ranked number 1 by The Ring at super flyweight.

Fernando Martinez is currently ranked number 2 by The Ring in the 115lb division.

Ioka vs Martinez betting form

Ioka has beaten 4 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 1 of them, going the distance 3 times.

In his last fight, he won against Josber Perez on December 31, 2023, by knockout in the 7th round in their WBA World Super Flyweight championship fight at Ota-City General Gymnasium, Tokyo, Japan. He was a 1/20 (-2000) favorite going into the ring.

Prior to that, he had won against Joshua Franco on June 24, 2023, by unanimous decision in their WBA World Super Flyweight championship fight at Ota-City General Gymnasium, Tokyo. He was a 19/20 (-120) favorite going into the ring.

Going into that contest, he had drawn with Joshua Franco on December 31, 2022, by majority draw in their 12 round contest in their WBA World Super Flyweight and WBO World Junior Bantamweight championship fight at Ota-City General Gymnasium, Tokyo. He was a 4/7 (-180) favorite going into the ring.

Before that, he had beaten Donnie Nietes on July 13, 2022, by unanimous decision in their WBO World Junior Bantamweight championship fight at Ota-City General Gymnasium, Tokyo. He was a 9/50 (-560) favorite going into the ring.

He had defeated Ryoji Fukunaga on December 31, 2021, by unanimous decision in their WBO World Junior Bantamweight championship fight at Ota-City General Gymnasium, Tokyo. He was a 3/50 (-1700) favorite going into the ring.

Who's been more active?

Ioka's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 6 months and 6 days, which means he has been fighting approximately every 6 months and 2 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 55 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 11 rounds on average.

Martinez's last 3 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 4 months and 11 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 9 months and 14 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 35 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 11.7 rounds on average.

What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Ioka vs Martinez Pre Fight?

The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 12:00 PM UTC at Ryogoku Kokugikan, Tokyo, Japan, which is 8:00 AM EST or 5:00 AM PST on the West Coast of America, or 1:00 PM BST in the UK.

Ioka vs Martinez Odds History

Ioka vs Martinez sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Ioka vs Martinez
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Ioka vs Martinez Betting Markets

Join Box.Live, it’s free!

Sign up