Mar 08 2024
Friday

Kingdom Arena, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

10 rounds contest
@ Heavyweight
27-3-0

Estimated Ringwalk:

2024-03-08T19:00:00Z ()

broadcast start time:

US - TBC / UK - TBC

0-1-0

Contest odds

Joshua 11/50 (-450)
Draw 17/1 (+1700)
Ngannou 333/100 (+330)

Chance of winning

78.02% 21.98%
Bovada logo

Bet on Joshua vs Ngannou
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

34
Age
37
6' 6" / 198 cm
Height
6' 4" / 193 cm
81.9" / 208 cm
Reach
83.1" / 211 cm
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

TKO 5KO 7UD 12SD 12UD 12
Form
SD 10
27
Wins
0
24
By KO
0
89
KO%
0
3
Losses
1
1
Stopped
0
0
Draws
0
2013
Debut
2023
160
Pro rounds
10

Current rankings @ Heavyweight

2
The Ring
-
2
WBA
-
1
WBC
10
1
WBO
-
3
IBF
-

Joshua vs Ngannou betting preview

Bookmakers made Anthony Joshua a big favourite against Francis Ngannou when they come head-to-head in their clash on Friday 8th March 2024 at Kingdom Arena, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

He is currently 11/50 (-450) to win the clash outright, while you can get 333/100 (+330) on Francis Ngannou if you fancy the big upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 79% chance of Joshua winning while giving Ngannou a 21% chance.

Joshua opened as the favourite at 1/4 (-400) however, that price has now got wider by 97/-100 (+100).

Ngannou opened at 11/4 (+280) which has shorten by 79/-50 (+60).

The fight is scheduled for 10 rounds in the Heavyweight division, which means both fighters don't have to make any weight limit.

Joshua vs Ngannou Head To Head

Anthony Joshua steps into the ring with a record of 27 wins, 3 loses and 0 draws, 24 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.

Francis Ngannou will make his way to the ring with a record of 0 wins, 1 loss and 0 draws.

The stats suggest Joshua has a massive power advantage over Ngannou, boosting at 89% knock out percentage over Ngannou's 0%.

Joshua is currently 53/100 (-190) to get the knockout, while Ngannou is 9/2 (+450).

Anthony Joshua is the younger man by 3 years, at 34 years old.

Joshua has a height advantage of 2 inches over Ngannou. Despite this, Ngannou has 1-inch reach advantage.

Both Anthony Joshua & Francis Ngannou fight out of an orthodox stance.

Joshua is the more experienced professional fighter, having had 29 more fights, and made his debut in 2013, 10 years earlier than Ngannou, whose first professional fight was in 2023. He has fought 150 more professional rounds, 160 to Ngannou's 10.

If you think Ngannou will win on points, you can get odds of 18/1 (+1800), while Joshua is 7/2 (+350) to win on the scorecards.

Anthony Joshua goes into the fight ranked number 2 by the WBA, 1 by the WBC, 1 by the WBO, 3 by the IBF and 2 by the RING at heavyweight.

Francis Ngannou is currently ranked number 10 by the WBC in the 201lb division.

Joshua vs Ngannou betting form

Joshua has beaten 3 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 2 of them, going the distance once.

In his last fight, he beat Otto Wallin on 23rd December 2023 by technical knockout in the 5th round at Kingdom Arena, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. He was a 2/7 (-340) favourite going into the contest.

Previous to that, he had beat Robert Helenius on 12th August 2023 by knockout in the 7th round at O2 Arena, Greenwich, United Kingdom. He was a 1/16 (-1700) favourite going into the contest.

Going into that contest, he had won against Jermaine Franklin on 1st April 2023 by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at o2 Arena, London. He was a 1/14 (-1400) favourite going into the contest.

Before that, he had been beaten by Oleksandr Usyk on 20th August 2022 by split decision in their IBF World Heavyweight, WBA Super World Heavyweight, WBO World Heavyweight and The Ring Heavyweight championship fight at Jeddah Superdome, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. He was a 2/1 (+200) underdog going into the contest.

He had lost to Oleksandr Usyk on 25th September 2021 by unanimous decision in their WBA Super World Heavyweight, IBF World Heavyweight and WBO World Heavyweight championship fight at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, London, United Kingdom. He was a 2/1 (+200) underdog going into the contest.

Who's been more active?

Joshua's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 5 months and 12 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 5 months and 28 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 48 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 9.6 rounds on average.

Joshua is currently 53/100 (-190) to finish this fight in the 9th round, or 7/2 (+350) to win on points.

Ngannou is currently 9/2 (+450) to finish this fight in the 0th round, or +1800 (+1800) to win on points.

What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Joshua vs Ngannou Pre Fight?

The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 7:00 PM UTC at Kingdom Arena, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, which is 2:00 PM EST or 11:00 AM PST on the West Coast of America, or 7:00 PM GMT in the UK.

Where Can I Watch Joshua vs Ngannou for In-Play Betting?

Joshua vs Ngannou will be broadcast on DAZN PPV UK in the UK, while the fight will be broadcast in the United States by DAZN PPV.

Joshua vs Ngannou Odds History

Joshua vs Ngannou sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Joshua vs Ngannou
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Joshua vs Ngannou Betting Markets

Winner Method of result Round betting Grouped betting Fight to go the distance Total rounds
Joshua
Ngannou

Join Box.Live, it’s free!

Sign up