Kingdom Arena, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
broadcast start time:
US - Sat 2:00pm EST / UK - Sat 7:00pm
Chance of winning
Bet on Joshua vs Wallin
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!
US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs
Bookmakers made Anthony Joshua a strong favourite against Otto Wallin when they come head-to-head in their clash on Saturday 23rd December 2023 at Kingdom Arena, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
He is currently 7/25 (-360) to win the clash outright, while you can get 11/4 (+280) on Otto Wallin if you fancy the upset.
That means that oddsmakers think there is 75% chance of Joshua winning while giving Wallin a 25% chance.
Joshua opened as the favourite at 1/4 (-400) however, that price has shortened by -103/100 (+100).
Wallin opened at 3/1 (+300) which has got wider by -3/4 (+130).
The fight is scheduled for 12 rounds in the Heavyweight division, which means both fighters don't have to make any weight limit.
Joshua vs Wallin Head To Head
Anthony Joshua steps into the ring with a record of 26 wins, 3 loses and 0 draws, 23 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.
Otto Wallin will make his way to the ring with a record of 26 wins, 1 loss and 0 draws, with 14 of those wins by knock out.
The stats suggest Joshua has a massive power advantage over Wallin, boosting at 88% knock out percentage over Wallin's 54%.
Joshua is currently 7/4 (+180) to get the knockout, while Wallin is 17/2 (+850).
Anthony Joshua is the older man by 1 year, at 34 years old.
Joshua has 4-inch reach advantage.
Anthony Joshua fights out of the orthodox stance, while Otto Wallin is a southpaw.
Joshua's experience as a professional fighter is relatively equal to Wallin's, having had 2 more fights, and made his debut in 2013, 3 months later than Wallin, whose first professional fight was in 2013. He has fought 2 less professional rounds, 155 to Wallin's 157.
If you think Wallin will win on points, you can get odds of 5/1 (+500), while Joshua is 6/5 (+120) to win on the scorecards.
Anthony Joshua goes into the fight ranked number 3 by the WBA, 2 by the WBC, 1 by the WBO, 3 by the IBF and 2 by the RING at heavyweight.
Otto Wallin is currently ranked number 9 by the WBC, 7 by the WBO and 10 by the RING in the 201lb division.
Joshua vs Wallin betting form
Joshua has beaten 3 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 2 of them, going the distance once.
In his last fight, he beat Robert Helenius on 12th August 2023 by knockout in the 7th round at O2 Arena, Greenwich, United Kingdom. He was a 1/16 (-1700) favourite going into the contest.
Previous to that, he had beat Jermaine Franklin on 1st April 2023 by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at o2 Arena, London. He was a 1/14 (-1400) favourite going into the contest.
Going into that contest, he had been beaten by Oleksandr Usyk on 20th August 2022 by split decision in their IBF World Heavyweight, WBA Super World Heavyweight, WBO World Heavyweight and The Ring Heavyweight championship fight at Jeddah Superdome, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. He was a 2/1 (+200) underdog going into the contest.
Before that, he had lost to Oleksandr Usyk on 25th September 2021 by unanimous decision in their WBA Super World Heavyweight, IBF World Heavyweight and WBO World Heavyweight championship fight at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, London, United Kingdom. He was a 2/1 (+200) underdog going into the contest.
He had won against Kubrat Pulev on 12th December 2020 by knockout in the 9th round in their WBA Super World Heavyweight, WBO World Heavyweight and IBF World Heavyweight championship fight at Wembley Arena, London.
Otto Wallin has beaten 5 of his last 5 opponents.
In his last fight, he beat Murat Gassiev on 30th September 2023 by split decision in their 12 round contest at Regnum Carya Hotel, Antalya, Turkiye. He was a 5/2 (+250) underdog going into the fight.
Previous to that, he had beat Helaman Olguin on 27th January 2023 by unanimous decision in their 8 round contest at Castleton Banquet & Conference Center, Windham, United States.
Going into that contest, he had defeated Rydell Booker on 26th May 2022 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at Ford Community Center, Michigan. He was a 1/100 (-10000) favourite going into the fight.
Before that, he had won against Kamil Sokolowski on 5th February 2022 by points in the 8th round at Motorpoint Arena, Wales, United Kingdom.
He had defeated Dominic Breazeale on 20th February 2021 by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at Mohegan Sun Casino, Connecticut, United States. He was a 7/20 (-290) favourite going into the fight.
Who's been more active?
If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, Otto Wallin has been fighting more than Anthony Joshua.
Anthony Joshua last fought 4 months and 11 days ago, while Otto Wallin's last outing was 2 months and 23 days ago.
Joshua's last 5 fights have come over a period of 3 years and 11 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 7 months and 9 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 52 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 10.4 rounds on average.
Joshua is currently 7/4 (+180) to finish this fight in the 10th round, or 6/5 (+120) to win on points.
Wallin's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 10 months and 3 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 6 months and 26 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 50 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 10 rounds on average.
Wallin is currently 17/2 (+850) to finish this fight in the 10th round, or +500 (+500) to win on points.
What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Joshua vs Wallin Pre Fight?
The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 11:00 PM UTC at Kingdom Arena, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, which is 6:00 PM EST or 3:00 PM PST on the West Coast of America, or 11:00 PM GMT in the UK.