Dec 11 2021
Saturday

Madison Square Garden, New York, United States

12 rounds contest
@ Lightweight
15-2-0

Est. ringwalk:

2021-12-12T03:00:00Z ()

broadcast start time:

US - Sat 9:00pm EST / UK - Sun 2:00am

30-3-0

Contest odds

Lomachenko 1/6 (-588)
Draw -
Commey 9/2 (+450)

Chance of winning

82.46% 17.54%
Bovada logo

Bet on Lomachenko vs Commey
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

33
Age
34
5' 6" / 168 cm
Height
5' 9" / 175 cm
65.4" / 166 cm
Reach
69.7" / 177 cm
Southpaw (L)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

TKO 9UD 12UD 12KO 4UD 12
Form
TKO 6TKO 2KO 8TKO 2TKO 6
15
Wins
30
11
By KO
27
73
KO%
90
2
Losses
3
0
Stopped
1
0
Draws
0
2013
Debut
2011
152
Pro rounds
179

Current rankings @ Lightweight

1
The Ring
4
4
WBA
-
1
WBC
5
1
WBO
4
6
IBF
5

Lomachenko vs Commey betting preview

Bookmakers make Vasyl Lomachenko a big favourite against Richard Commey when they come head-to-head in their clash on Saturday 11th December 2021 at Madison Square Garden, New York, United States.

He is currently 1/6 (-588) to win the clash outright, while you can get 9/2 (+450) on Richard Commey if you fancy the big upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 83% chance of Lomachenko winning while giving Commey a 17% chance.

Lomachenko opened as the favourite at 1/7 (-714) however, that price has shortened by -103/100 (+97).

Commey opened at 9/2 (+450).

The fight is scheduled for 12 rounds in the Lightweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 135 pounds (9.45 stones or 61.36 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.

Lomachenko vs Commey Head To Head

Vasyl Lomachenko steps into the ring with a record of 15 wins, 2 loses and 0 draws, 11 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.

Richard Commey will make his way to the ring with a record of 30 wins, 3 loses and 0 draws, with 27 of those wins by knock out.

The stats suggest Commey has advantage in power over Lomachenko, with a 90% knock out percentage over Lomachenko's 73%.

Vasyl Lomachenko is the younger man by 1 year, at 33 years old.

Commey has a height advantage of 3 inches over Lomachenko. This also extends to a 5-inch reach advantage.

Vasyl Lomachenko fights out of the southpaw stance, while Richard Commey is an orthodox fighter.

Lomachenko is the less experienced professional fighter, having had 16 less fights, and made his debut in 2013, 2 year and 7 months later than Commey, whose first professional fight was in 2011. He has fought 27 less professional rounds, 152 to Commey's 179.

Vasyl Lomachenko goes into the fight ranked number 4 by the WBA, 1 by the WBC, 1 by the WBO, 6 by the IBF and 1 by the RING at lightweight.

Richard Commey is currently ranked number 5 by the WBC, 4 by the WBO, 5 by the IBF and 4 by the RING in the 135lb division.

Lomachenko vs Commey betting form

Lomachenko has beaten 4 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 2 of them, going the distance twice.

In his last fight, he beat Masayoshi Nakatani on 26th June 2021 by technical knockout in the 9th round at Virgin Hotels, Las Vegas, United States. He was a 3/50 (-1666) favourite going into the contest.

Previous to that, he had been beaten by Teofimo Lopez on 17th October 2020 by unanimous decision in their WBA Super World Lightweight, IBF World Lightweight and WBO World Lightweight championship fight at The Bubble, MGM Grand, Nevada.

Going into that contest, he had beat Luke Campbell on 31st August 2019 by unanimous decision in their WBA Super World Lightweight, WBC World Lightweight, WBO World Lightweight and The Ring Lightweight championship fight at O2 Arena, London, United Kingdom. He was a 3/50 (-1666) favourite going into the contest.

Before that, he had won against Anthony Crolla on 12th April 2019 by knockout in the 4th round in their WBA Super World Lightweight, WBO World Lightweight and The Ring Lightweight championship fight at Staples Center, LA, United States. He was a 1/100 (-9999) favourite going into the contest.

He had beat Jose Pedraza on 8th December 2018 by unanimous decision in their WBA Super World Lightweight, WBO World Lightweight and The Ring Lightweight championship fight at Madison Square Garden, New York. He was a 3/100 (-3333) favourite going into the contest.

Richard Commey has stopped 4 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he defeated Jackson Marinez on 13th February 2021 by technical knockout in the 6th round at The Bubble, MGM Grand, Nevada, United States. He was a 9/25 (-277) favourite going into the fight.

Previous to that, he had lost to Teofimo Lopez on 14th December 2019 by technical knockout in the 2nd round in their IBF World Lightweight championship fight at Madison Square Garden, New York. He was a 207/100 (+206) underdog going into the fight.

Going into that contest, he had defeated Raymundo Beltran on 28th June 2019 by knockout in the 8th round in their IBF World Lightweight championship fight at Pechanga Resort & Casino, California. He was a 11/100 (-909) favourite going into the fight.

Before that, he had won against Isa Chaniev on 2nd February 2019 by technical knockout in the 2nd round in their IBF World Lightweight championship fight at The Ford Center at The Star, Texas. He was a 7/50 (-714) favourite going into the fight.

He had defeated Alejandro Luna on 10th March 2018 by technical knockout in the 6th round at Alamodome, Texas. He was a 57/100 (-175) favourite going into the fight.

Who's been more active?

If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, Vasyl Lomachenko has been fighting more than Richard Commey.

Vasyl Lomachenko last fought 5 months and 4 days ago, while Richard Commey's last outing was 9 months and 17 days ago.

Lomachenko's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 11 months and 22 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 7 months and 5 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 49 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 9.8 rounds on average.

Commey's last 5 fights have come over a period of 3 years, 8 months and 20 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 8 months and 29 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 24 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 4.8 rounds on average.

What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Lomachenko vs Commey Pre Fight?

The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 10:00 PM EST / 7:00 PM PST at Madison Square Garden, New York, United States, which is around 3:00 AM GMT in the UK.

Where Can I Watch Lomachenko vs Commey for In-Play Betting?

The ESPN show is expected to begin at 9:00 PM EST / 6:00 PM PST. The Sky Sports Arena broadcast of the card is expected to start at 2:00 AM (GTM).

Lomachenko vs Commey Odds History

Lomachenko vs Commey sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Lomachenko vs Commey
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Lomachenko vs Commey Betting Markets

Join box.live, it’s free!

Sign up