Saturday 20th May 2023
Potentially

in the United States

12 rounds contest
@ Lightweight
17-2-0
29-0-0

Contest odds

Lomachenko 8/5 (+160)
Draw -
Haney 1/2 (-200)

Chance of winning

36.58% 63.42%
Bovada logo

Bet on Lomachenko vs Haney
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

34
Age
24
5' 6" / 168 cm
Height
5' 9" / 175 cm
65.4" / 166 cm
Reach
70.9" / 180 cm
Southpaw (L)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

UD 12UD 12TKO 9UD 12UD 12
Form
UD 12UD 12UD 12UD 12UD 12
17
Wins
29
11
By KO
15
65
KO%
52
2
Losses
0
0
Stopped
0
0
Draws
0
2013
Debut
2015
176
Pro rounds
186

Current rankings @ Lightweight

1
The Ring
-
4
WBA
-
1
WBC
-
1
WBO
-
3
IBF
-

Lomachenko vs Haney betting preview

Bookmakers made Devin Haney a favourite against Vasyl Lomachenko in a potential future bout between the pair, when they last released odds on January 28, 2023.

He is currently 1/2 (-200) to win the bout outright, while you can get 8/5 (+160) on Vasyl Lomachenko if you fancy the small upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 64% chance of Haney winning while giving Lomachenko a 36% chance.

Haney opened as the favourite at 1/2 (-200).

Lomachenko opened at 8/5 (+160).

The fight would be scheduled for 12 rounds in the Lightweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 135 pounds (9.45 stones or 61.36 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.

Lomachenko vs Haney Head To Head

Vasyl Lomachenko would step into the ring with a record of 17 wins, 2 loses and 0 draws, 11 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.

Devin Haney would make his way to the ring with an unblemished record of 29 wins and 0 draws, with 15 of those by knock out.

The stats suggest Lomachenko would have advantage in power over Haney, with a 65% knock out percentage over Haney's 52%.

Vasyl Lomachenko is the older man by 10 years, at 34 years old.

Haney has a height advantage of 3 inches over Lomachenko. This also extends to a 6-inch reach advantage.

Vasyl Lomachenko fights out of the southpaw stance, while Devin Haney is an orthodox fighter.

Lomachenko is currently arguably the less experienced fighter, having had 10 less fights, and made his debut in 2013, 2 years and 1 month earlier than Haney, whose first professional fight was in 2015. He has fought 10 less professional rounds, 176 to Haney's 186.

Vasyl Lomachenko goes into the fight ranked number 4 by the WBA, 1 by the WBC, 1 by the WBO, 3 by the IBF and 1 by the RING at lightweight.

Lomachenko vs Haney betting form

Lomachenko has beaten 4 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 1 of them, going the distance 3 times.

In his last fight, he beat Jamaine Ortiz on 29th October 2022 by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at Madison Square Garden Theater, New York, United States. He was a 3/50 (-1700) favourite going into the contest.

Previous to that, he had beat Richard Commey on 11th December 2021 by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at Madison Square Garden, New York. He was a 3/25 (-830) favourite going into the contest.

Going into that contest, he had won against Masayoshi Nakatani on 26th June 2021 by technical knockout in the 9th round at Virgin Hotels, Las Vegas. He was a 3/50 (-1700) favourite going into the contest.

Before that, he had been beaten by Teofimo Lopez on 17th October 2020 by unanimous decision in their WBA Super World Lightweight, IBF World Lightweight and WBO World Lightweight championship fight at The Bubble, MGM Grand, Nevada.

He had beat Luke Campbell on 31st August 2019 by unanimous decision in their WBA Super World Lightweight, WBC World Lightweight, WBO World Lightweight and The Ring Lightweight championship fight at O2 Arena, London, United Kingdom. He was a 3/50 (-1700) favourite going into the contest.

Haney remains undefeated as a professional.

In his last fight, he defeated George Kambosos on 16th October 2022 by unanimous decision in their IBF World Lightweight, WBA Super World Lightweight, WBC World Lightweight and WBO World Lightweight championship fight at Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne, Australia. He was a 13/100 (-770) favourite going into the fight.

Previous to that, he had defeated George Kambosos on 5th June 2022 by unanimous decision in their The Ring Lightweight, WBA World Lightweight, IBF World Lightweight and WBO World Lightweight championship fight at Marvel Stadium, Melbourne. He was a 1/10 (-1000) favourite going into the fight.

Going into that contest, he had won against Joseph ‘Jo Jo’ Diaz on 4th December 2021 by unanimous decision in their WBC World Lightweight championship fight at MGM Grand, Grand Garden Arena, Nevada, United States. He was a 3/25 (-830) favourite going into the fight.

Before that, he had defeated Jorge Linares on 29th May 2021 by unanimous decision in their WBC World Lightweight championship fight at Michelob ULTRA Arena, Las Vegas. He was a 1/10 (-1000) favourite going into the fight.

He had beat Yuriorkis Gamboa on 7th November 2020 by unanimous decision in their WBC World Lightweight championship fight at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, Florida. He was a 1/10 (-1000) favourite going into the fight.

Who's been more active?

If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, Devin Haney has been fighting more than Vasyl Lomachenko.

Vasyl Lomachenko last fought 3 months ago, while Devin Haney's last outing was 3 months and 13 days ago.

Lomachenko's last 5 fights have come over a period of 3 years, 4 months and 29 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 8 months and 6 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 57 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 11.4 rounds on average.

Haney's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 2 months and 22 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 5 months and 11 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 60 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 12 rounds on average.

Lomachenko vs Haney Odds History

Lomachenko vs Haney sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Lomachenko vs Haney
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Lomachenko vs Haney Betting Markets

Winner
Install Box.live on your device: tapand then Add to Home Screen.

Join box.live, it’s free!

Sign up