Mar 02 2024
Saturday

Turning Stone Resort Casino, Verona, United States

12 rounds contest
@ Featherweight
29-2-0

Estimated Ringwalk:

2024-03-03T03:00:00Z ()

broadcast start time:

US - Sat 4:55pm EST / UK - Sun 1:00am

25-3-1

Contest odds

Lopez 1/8 (-770)
Draw 20/1 (+2000)
Abe 5/1 (+500)

Chance of winning

84.15% 15.85%
Bovada logo

Bet on Lopez vs Abe
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

30
Age
30
5' 4" / 163 cm
Height
5' 8" / 172 cm
66.5" / 169 cm
Reach
67.7" / 172 cm
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Southpaw (L)

Full record

UD 12KO 5MD 12KO 7UD 10
Form
UD 12
29
Wins
25
16
By KO
10
55
KO%
40
2
Losses
3
0
Stopped
0
0
Draws
1
2015
Debut
2013
175
Pro rounds
180

Current rankings @ Featherweight

2
The Ring
9
-
WBA
-
-
WBC
-
-
WBO
-
-
IBF
1

Lopez vs Abe betting preview

Bookmakers made Luis Alberto Lopez a big favourite against Reiya Abe when they square off in their contest on Saturday 2nd March 2024 at Turning Stone Resort Casino, Verona, United States.

He is currently 1/8 (-770) to win the contest outright, while you can get 5/1 (+500) on Reiya Abe if you fancy the big upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 85% chance of Lopez winning while giving Abe a 15% chance.

Lopez opened as the favourite at 1/8 (-830).

Abe opened at 5/1 (+500).

The fight is scheduled for 12 rounds in the Featherweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 126 pounds (8.82 stones or 57.27 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.

This contest is for the IBF featherweight championship of the world.

Lopez vs Abe Head To Head

Luis Alberto Lopez steps into the ring with a record of 29 wins, 2 loses and 0 draws, 16 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.

Reiya Abe will make his way to the ring with a record of 25 wins, 3 loses and 1 draw, with 10 of those wins by knock out.

The stats suggest Lopez has advantage in power over Abe, with a 55% knock out percentage over Abe's 40%.

Lopez is currently 3/2 (+150) to get the knockout, while Abe is 16/1 (+1600).

Luis Alberto Lopez is the same age as Reiya Abe, at 30 years old.

Abe has a height advantage of 4 inches over Lopez. This also extends to a 1-inch reach advantage.

Luis Alberto Lopez fights out of the orthodox stance, while Reiya Abe is a southpaw.

Lopez is arguably the less experienced fighter, having had 2 more fights, and made his debut in 2015, 2 year and 5 months later than Abe, whose first professional fight was in 2013. He has fought 5 less professional rounds, 175 to Abe's 180.

If you think Abe will win on points, you can get odds of 8/1 (+800).

Luis Alberto Lopez goes into the fight ranked number 2 by the RING at featherweight.

Reiya Abe is currently ranked number 1 by the IBF and 9 by the RING in the 126lb division.

Lopez vs Abe betting form

Lopez has won 5 of his most recent fights, stopping 2 of them, going the distance 3 times.

In his last fight, he defeated Joet Gonzalez on 15th September 2023 by unanimous decision in their IBF World Featherweight championship fight at American Bank Arena, Corpus Christi, United States. He was a 1/7 (-710) favourite going into the fight.

Previous to that, he had defeated Michael Conlan on 27th May 2023 by knockout in the 5th round in their IBF World Featherweight championship fight at The SSE Arena (Odyssey Arena), Belfast, United Kingdom. He was a 11/10 (+110) underdog going into the fight.

Going into that contest, he had beat Josh Warrington on 10th December 2022 by majority decision in their IBF World Featherweight championship fight at First Direct Arena, Leeds. He was a 11/10 (+110) underdog going into the fight.

Before that, he had won against Isaac Lowe on 3rd December 2021 by knockout in the 7th round at York Hall, London. He was a 1/4 (-400) favourite going into the fight.

He had beat Gabriel Flores Jr on 10th September 2021 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at Casino Del Sol, Arizona, United States.

Who's been more active?

Lopez's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 5 months and 21 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 5 months and 29 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 46 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 9.2 rounds on average.

Abe is currently 16/1 (+1600) to finish this fight in the 0th round, or +800 (+800) to win on points.

What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Lopez vs Abe Pre Fight?

The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 10:00 PM EST / 7:00 PM PST at Turning Stone Resort Casino, Verona, United States, which is around 3:00 AM GMT in the UK.

Where Can I Watch Lopez vs Abe for In-Play Betting?

Lopez vs Abe will be broadcast on ESPN+ in the US, while the fight will be broadcast in the United Kingdom by Sky Sports Action.

Lopez vs Abe Odds History

Lopez vs Abe sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Lopez vs Abe
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Lopez vs Abe Betting Markets

Winner Method of result Round betting Grouped betting Fight to go the distance Total rounds
Lopez
Abe

Fight to go the distance

Yes
No

Total rounds

Under 3.5
Total rounds 3.5
Over 3.5
Under 4.5
Total rounds 4.5
Over 4.5
Under 5.5
Total rounds 5.5
Over 5.5
Under 6.5
Total rounds 6.5
Over 6.5
Under 7.5
Total rounds 7.5
Over 7.5
Under 8.5
Total rounds 8.5
Over 8.5
Under 9.5
Total rounds 9.5
Over 9.5
Under 10.5
Total rounds 10.5
Over 10.5
Under Rounds
Total rounds Rounds
Over Rounds

Join Box.Live, it’s free!

Sign up