Jun 29 2024
Saturday

James L. Knight Center, Miami, United States

12 rounds contest
@ Super Lightweight
VS
20-1-0

Estimated Ringwalk:

2024-06-30T03:00:00Z ()

broadcast start time:

US - Sat 10:00pm EST / UK - Sun 1:00am

38-7-2

Contest odds

Lopez 1/10 (-1000)
Draw 20/1 (+2000)
Claggett 11/2 (+550)

Chance of winning

85.53% 14.47%
Bovada logo

Bet on Lopez vs Claggett
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

26
Age
35
5' 8" / 173 cm
Height
5' 8" / 173 cm
68.5" / 174 cm
Reach
70.1" / 178 cm
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

UD 12UD 12SD 10TKO 7SD 12
Form
TKO 2UD 10UD 10TKO 3TKO 7
20
Wins
38
13
By KO
26
65
KO%
68
1
Losses
7
0
Stopped
1
0
Draws
2
2016
Debut
2008
125
Pro rounds
276

Current rankings @ Super Lightweight

-
The Ring
-
-
WBA
-
-
WBC
-
-
WBO
10
-
IBF
-

Lopez vs Claggett betting preview

Bookmakers made Teofimo Lopez a massive favorite against Steve Claggett when they face off in their fight on Saturday 29th June 2024 at James L. Knight Center, Miami, United States.

He is currently 1/10 (-1000) to win the fight outright, while you can get 11/2 (+550) on Steve Claggett if you fancy the massive upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 86% chance of Lopez winning while giving Claggett a 14% chance.

Lopez opened as the favorite at 1/9 (-910).

Claggett opened at 11/2 (+550).

The fight is scheduled for 12 rounds in the Super Lightweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 140 pounds (9.8 stones or 63.64 kg) on the day of the weigh-in.

This contest is for the unified super lightweight championship of the world, with the WBO, and The Ring belts on the line.

Lopez vs Claggett Head To Head

Teofimo Lopez steps into the ring with a record of 20 wins, 1 loss, and 0 draws, 13 of those wins coming by way of knockout.

Steve Claggett will make his way to the ring with a record of 38 wins, 7 losses and 2 draws, with 26 of those wins by knockout.

The stats suggest Claggett has a slight advantage in power over Lopez, with a 68% knockout percentage compared to Lopez's 65%.

Teofimo Lopez is the younger man by 9 years, at 26 years old.

Claggett has a 1-inch reach advantage.

Both Teofimo Lopez and Steve Claggett fight out of an orthodox stance.

Lopez is the less experienced professional fighter, having had 26 fewer fights, and made his debut in 2016, 8 years and 1 month later than Claggett, whose first professional fight was in 2008. He has fought 151 fewer professional rounds, totaling 125 compared to Claggett's 276.

Steve Claggett is currently ranked number 10 by the WBO in the 140lb division.

Lopez vs Claggett betting form

Lopez has beaten 4 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 1 of them, going the distance 3 times.

In his last fight, he defeated Jamaine Ortiz on February 8, 2024, by unanimous decision in their WBO World Junior Welterweight and The Ring Junior Welterweight championship fight at Michelob ULTRA Arena, Las Vegas, United States. He was a 1/7 (-710) favorite going into the fight.

Prior to that, he had defeated Josh Taylor on June 10, 2023, by unanimous decision in their WBO World Junior Welterweight and The Ring Junior Welterweight championship fight at Madison Square Garden, New York. He was a 7/4 (+180) underdog going into the fight.

Going into that contest, he had beaten Sandor Martin on December 10, 2022, by split decision in their WBC World Super Lightweight eliminator fight at Madison Square Garden, New York. He was a 1/6 (-590) favorite going into the fight.

Before that, he had won against Pedro Campa on August 13, 2022, by technical knockout in the 7th round at Resorts World Las Vegas, Las Vegas.

He had been beaten by George Kambosos on November 27, 2021, by split decision in their WBA Super World Lightweight and IBF World Lightweight championship fight at Madison Square Garden Theater, New York. He was a 1/10 (-1000) favorite going into the fight.

Claggett has won 5 of his most recent fights, stopping 3 of them, going the distance twice.

In his last fight, he beat Marcos Gonzalez Barraza on January 25, 2024, by technical knockout in the 2nd round at Montreal Casino, Montreal, Canada.

Prior to that, he had beaten Miguel Madueno on November 14, 2023, by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at Montreal Casino, Montreal. He was a 4/9 (-230) favorite going into the ring.

Going into that contest, he had defeated Carlos Sanchez Valadez on September 8, 2023, by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at Lac Leamy Casino, Gatineau. He was a 1/4 (-400) favorite going into the ring.

Before that, he had won against Alberto Machado on June 1, 2023, by technical knockout in the 3rd round at Montreal Casino, Montreal. He was a 1/4 (-400) favorite going into the ring.

He had defeated Rafael Guzman Lugo on March 23, 2023, by technical knockout in the 7th round at Montreal Casino, Montreal. He was a 1/2 (-250) favorite going into the ring.

Who's been more active?

If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, Steve Claggett has been fighting more than Teofimo Lopez.

Teofimo Lopez last fought 4 months and 21 days ago, while Steve Claggett's last outing was 5 months and 4 days ago.

Lopez's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 7 months and 2 days, which means he has been fighting approximately every 6 months and 8 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 53 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 10.6 rounds on average.

Claggett's last 5 fights have come over a period of 1 year, 3 months and 6 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 3 months and 2 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 32 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 6.4 rounds on average.

What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Lopez vs Claggett Pre Fight?

The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 11:00 PM EST / 8:00 PM PST at James L. Knight Center, Miami, United States, which is around 4:00 AM BST in the UK.

Where Can I Watch Lopez vs Claggett for In-Play Betting?

The ESPN show is expected to begin at 10:00 PM EST / 7:00 PM PST. The Sky Sports Action broadcast of the card is expected to start at 1:00 AM (BST).

Lopez vs Claggett Odds History

Lopez vs Claggett sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Lopez vs Claggett
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Lopez vs Claggett Betting Markets

Join Box.Live, it’s free!

Sign up