Dec 10 2022
Saturday

Madison Square Garden, New York, United States

12 rounds contest
@ Super Lightweight
17-1-0

Est. ringwalk:

2022-12-11T04:00:00Z ()

broadcast start time:

US - Sat 8:00pm EST / UK - Sun 1:00am

40-2-0

Contest odds

Lopez 1/6 (-590)
Draw 17/1 (+1700)
Martin 4/1 (+400)

Chance of winning

81.04% 18.96%
Bovada logo

Bet on Lopez vs Martin
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

25
Age
29
5' 8" / 173 cm
Height
5' 8" / 172 cm
68.5" / 174 cm
Reach
N/A
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Southpaw (L)

Full record

TKO 7SD 12UD 12TKO 2UD 12
Form
UD 10MD 10UD 12UD 12TKO 9
17
Wins
40
13
By KO
13
76
KO%
33
1
Losses
2
0
Stopped
0
0
Draws
0
2016
Debut
2011
91
Pro rounds
274

Current rankings @ Super Lightweight

-
The Ring
-
7
WBA
11
4
WBC
5
1
WBO
6
6
IBF
15

Lopez vs Martin betting preview

Bookmakers made Teofimo Lopez a big favourite against Sandor Martin when they square off in their contest on Saturday 10th December 2022 at Madison Square Garden, New York, United States.

He is currently 1/6 (-590) to win the contest outright, while you can get 4/1 (+400) on Sandor Martin if you fancy the big upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 82% chance of Lopez winning while giving Martin a 18% chance.

Lopez opened as the favourite at 1/6 (-590).

Martin opened at 9/2 (+450) which has got wider by 1/-2 (+200).

The fight is scheduled for 12 rounds in the Super Lightweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 140 pounds (9.8 stones or 63.64 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.

This contest is an eliminator for the WBC super lightweight championship of the world.

Lopez vs Martin Head To Head

Teofimo Lopez steps into the ring with a record of 17 wins, 1 loss and 0 draws, 13 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.

Sandor Martin will make his way to the ring with a record of 40 wins, 2 loses and 0 draws, with 13 of those wins by knock out.

The stats suggest Lopez has a massive power advantage over Martin, boosting at 76% knock out percentage over Martin's 33%.

Lopez is currently 7/4 (+180) to get the knockout, while Martin is 11/1 (+1100).

Teofimo Lopez is the younger man by 4 years, at 25 years old.

Teofimo Lopez fights out of the orthodox stance, while Sandor Martin is a southpaw.

Lopez is the less experienced professional fighter, having had 24 less fights, and made his debut in 2016, 5 year later than Martin, whose first professional fight was in 2011. He has fought 183 less professional rounds, 91 to Martin's 274.

If you think Martin will win on points, you can get odds of 13/2 (+650), while Lopez is 73/100 (-140) to win on the scorecards.

Teofimo Lopez goes into the fight ranked number 7 by the WBA, 4 by the WBC, 1 by the WBO and 6 by the IBF at super lightweight.

Sandor Martin is currently ranked number 11 by the WBA, 5 by the WBC, 6 by the WBO and 15 by the IBF in the 140lb division.

Lopez vs Martin betting form

Lopez has beaten 4 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 2 of them, going the distance twice.

In his last fight, he defeated Pedro Campa on 13th August 2022 by technical knockout in the 7th round at Resorts World Las Vegas, Las Vegas, United States.

Previous to that, he had been beaten by George Kambosos on 27th November 2021 by split decision in their WBA Super World Lightweight and IBF World Lightweight championship fight at Madison Square Garden Theater, New York. He was a 1/10 (-1000) favourite going into the fight.

Going into that contest, he had defeated Vasyl Lomachenko on 17th October 2020 by unanimous decision in their WBA Super World Lightweight, IBF World Lightweight and WBO World Lightweight championship fight at The Bubble, MGM Grand, Nevada.

Before that, he had beat Richard Commey on 14th December 2019 by technical knockout in the 2nd round in their IBF World Lightweight championship fight at Madison Square Garden, New York. He was a 37/100 (-270) favourite going into the fight.

He had won against Masayoshi Nakatani on 19th July 2019 by unanimous decision in their IBF World Lightweight eliminator fight at MGM National Harbor, Maryland. He was a 1/50 (-5000) favourite going into the fight.

Martin has won 5 of his most recent fights, stopping 1 of them, going the distance 4 times.

In his last fight, he beat Jose Felix Jr on 1st April 2022 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at Palau Olímpic Vall d'Hebron, Cataluña, Spain. He was a 7/100 (-1400) favourite going into the ring.

Previous to that, he had beat Mikey Garcia on 16th October 2021 by majority decision in their 10 round contest at Chukchansi Park, California, United States.

Going into that contest, he had defeated Kay Prospere on 23rd April 2021 by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at Palau Olímpic, Cataluña, Spain. He was a 3/50 (-1700) favourite going into the ring.

Before that, he had won against Joe Hughes on 12th December 2019 by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at Palau Olímpic, Cataluña. He was a 2/5 (-250) favourite going into the ring.

He had defeated Andrea Scarpa on 27th July 2019 by technical knockout in the 9th round at Estadio Municipal de Nou Barris, Cataluña. He was a 17/100 (-590) favourite going into the ring.

Who's been more active?

If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, Sandor Martin has been fighting more than Teofimo Lopez.

Teofimo Lopez last fought 3 months and 23 days ago, while Sandor Martin's last outing was 8 months and 5 days ago.

Lopez's last 5 fights have come over a period of 3 years, 4 months and 17 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 8 months and 4 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 45 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 9 rounds on average.

Lopez is currently 7/4 (+180) to finish this fight in the 9th round, or 73/100 (-140) to win on points.

Martin's last 5 fights have come over a period of 3 years, 4 months and 9 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 8 months and 2 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 53 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 10.6 rounds on average.

Martin is currently 11/1 (+1100) to finish this fight in the 10th round, or +650 (+650) to win on points.

What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Lopez vs Martin Pre Fight?

The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 11:00 PM EST / 8:00 PM PST at Madison Square Garden, New York, United States, which is around 4:00 AM GMT in the UK.

Where Can I Watch Lopez vs Martin for In-Play Betting?

The ESPN+ show is expected to begin at 8:00 PM EST / 5:00 PM PST. The Sky Sports Arena broadcast of the card is expected to start at 1:00 AM (GTM).

Lopez vs Martin Odds History

Lopez vs Martin sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Lopez vs Martin
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Lopez vs Martin Betting Markets

Winner Method of result Round betting Grouped betting Fight to go the distance Total rounds
Lopez
Martin

Total rounds

Under 3.5
Total rounds 3.5
Over 3.5
Under 4.5
Total rounds 4.5
Over 4.5
Under 5.5
Total rounds 5.5
Over 5.5
Under 6.5
Total rounds 6.5
Over 6.5
Under 7.5
Total rounds 7.5
Over 7.5
Under 8.5
Total rounds 8.5
Over 8.5
Install Box.live on your device: tapand then Add to Home Screen.

Join box.live, it’s free!

Sign up