Jan 29 2022
Saturday

Packard Music Hall, Ohio, United States

12 rounds contest
@ Cruiserweight
28-2-0

Est. ringwalk:

2022-01-30T03:00:00Z ()

broadcast start time:

US - Sat 8:00pm EST / UK - Sun 1:00am

23-5-0

Contest odds

Makabu 8/11 (-136)
Draw 388/25 (+1552)
Mchunu 6/5 (+120)

Chance of winning

55.98% 44.02%
Bovada logo

Bet on Makabu vs Mchunu
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

34
Age
33
6' 0" / 183 cm
Height
5' 11" / 180 cm
74" / 188 cm
Reach
72.4" / 184 cm
Southpaw (L)
Stance
Southpaw (L)

Full record

TKO 7UD 12MD 12TKO 5TKO 5
Form
UD 12UD 12UD 12MD 12UD 10
28
Wins
23
25
By KO
13
89
KO%
57
2
Losses
5
2
Stopped
3
0
Draws
0
2008
Debut
2007
141
Pro rounds
197

Current rankings @ Cruiserweight

2
The Ring
4
-
WBA
-
-
WBC
1
-
WBO
-
-
IBF
-

Makabu vs Mchunu II betting preview

Bookmakers make Ilunga Makabu a favourite against Thabiso Mchunu when they face off in their fight on Saturday 29th January 2022 at Packard Music Hall, Ohio, United States.

He is currently 8/11 (-136) to win the fight outright, while you can get 6/5 (+120) on Thabiso Mchunu if you fancy the small upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 56% chance of Makabu winning while giving Mchunu a 44% chance.

Makabu opened as the favourite at 8/11 (-136).

Mchunu opened at 6/5 (+120).

The fight is scheduled for 12 rounds in the Cruiserweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 200 pounds (14 stones or 90.91 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.

This contest is for the WBC cruiserweight championship of the world.

Makabu vs Mchunu II Head To Head

Ilunga Makabu steps into the ring with a record of 28 wins, 2 loses and 0 draws, 25 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.

Thabiso Mchunu will make his way to the ring with a record of 23 wins, 5 loses and 0 draws, with 13 of those wins by knock out.

The stats suggest Makabu has a massive power advantage over Mchunu, boosting at 89% knock out percentage over Mchunu's 57%.

Makabu is currently 7/4 (+175) to get the knockout, while Mchunu is 7/2 (+350).

Ilunga Makabu is the older man by 1 year, at 34 years old.

Makabu has a height advantage of 1 inch over Mchunu. This also extends to a 2-inch reach advantage.

Both Ilunga Makabu & Thabiso Mchunu fight out of a southpaw stance.

Makabu's experience as a professional fighter is relatively equal to Mchunu's, having had 2 more fights, and made his debut in 2008, 10 months later than Mchunu, whose first professional fight was in 2007. He has fought 56 less professional rounds, 141 to Mchunu's 197.

If you think Mchunu will win on points, you can get odds of 11/4 (+275), while Makabu is 11/4 (+275) to win on the scorecards.

Ilunga Makabu goes into the fight ranked number 2 by the RING at cruiserweight.

Thabiso Mchunu is currently ranked number 1 by the WBC and 4 by the RING in the 200lb division.

Makabu vs Mchunu II betting form

Makabu has won 5 of his most recent fights, stopping 3 of them, going the distance twice.

In his last fight, he defeated Olanrewaju Durodola on 19th December 2020 by technical knockout in the 7th round in their WBC World Cruiserweight championship fight at Kinshasa, Kinshasa, Democratic Republic Of The Congo. He was a 2/25 (-1249) favourite going into the fight.

Previous to that, he had defeated Michal Cieslak on 31st January 2020 by unanimous decision in their WBC World Cruiserweight championship fight at Kinshasa, Congo, The Democratic Republic of The. He was a 1/2 (-200) favourite going into the fight.

Going into that contest, he had beat Aleksei Papin on 24th August 2019 by majority decision in their 12 round contest at Traktor Sport Palace, Chelyabinsk, Russia. He was a 3/4 (-133) favourite going into the fight.

Before that, he had won against Dmitry Kudryashov on 16th June 2019 by technical knockout in the 5th round at KRK “Uralets”, Ekaterinburg.

He had beat Taylor Mabika on 25th August 2018 by technical knockout in the 5th round at Grand Hôtel de Kinshasa, Kinshasa, Democratic Republic Of The Congo. He was a 7/50 (-714) favourite going into the fight.

Thabiso Mchunu has beaten 3 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he defeated Evgeny Tishchenko on 27th March 2021 by unanimous decision in their WBC World Cruiserweight championship fight at RCC Boxing Academy, Ekaterinburg, Russia. He was a 11/2 (+550) underdog going into the ring.

Previous to that, he had defeated Denis Lebedev on 21st December 2019 by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at Krasnoyarsk. He was a 47/25 (+188) underdog going into the ring.

Going into that contest, he had won against Thomas Oosthuizen on 8th December 2018 by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at Emperors Palace, Gauteng, South Africa. He was a 91/100 (-109) underdog going into the ring.

Before that, he had been beaten by Thomas Oosthuizen on 1st September 2018 by majority decision in their 12 round contest at Emperors Palace, Gauteng. He was a 2/5 (-250) favourite going into the ring.

Hehad lost to Constantin Bejenaru on 25th November 2017 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at Mohegan Sun Casino, Connecticut, USA.

Who's been more active?

If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, Ilunga Makabu has been fighting more than Thabiso Mchunu.

Ilunga Makabu last fought 1 year, 1 month and 10 days ago, while Thabiso Mchunu's last outing was 10 months and 2 days ago.

Makabu's last 5 fights have come over a period of 3 years, 5 months and 4 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 8 months and 7 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 41 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 8.2 rounds on average.

Makabu is currently 7/4 (+175) to finish this fight in the 8th round, or 11/4 (+275) to win on points.

Mchunu's last 5 fights have come over a period of 4 years, 2 months and 4 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 10 months and 1 day. In those fights, he fought a total of 58 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 11.6 rounds on average.

Mchunu is currently 7/2 (+350) to finish this fight in the 11th round, or +275 (+275) to win on points.

What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Makabu vs Mchunu Pre Fight?

The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 10:00 PM EST / 7:00 PM PST at Packard Music Hall, Ohio, United States, which is around 3:00 AM GMT in the UK.

Where Can I Watch Makabu vs Mchunu for In-Play Betting?

The Fite.tv PPV US show is expected to begin at 8:00 PM EST / 5:00 PM PST. The Fite.tv PPV UK broadcast of the card is expected to start at 1:00 AM (GTM).

Makabu vs Mchunu II Odds History

Makabu vs Mchunu II sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Makabu vs Mchunu
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Makabu vs Mchunu II Betting Markets

Makabu
Mchunu

Round betting

Round 1
Round 2
Round 3
Round 4
Round 5
Round 6
Round 7
Round 8
Round 9
Round 10
Round 11
Round 12

Total rounds

Under 3.5
Total rounds 3.5
Over 3.5
Under 4.5
Total rounds 4.5
Over 4.5
Under 5.5
Total rounds 5.5
Over 5.5
Under 6.5
Total rounds 6.5
Over 6.5
Under 7.5
Total rounds 7.5
Over 7.5
Under 8.5
Total rounds 8.5
Over 8.5
Under 9.5
Total rounds 9.5
Over 9.5
Under 10.5
Total rounds 10.5
Over 10.5
Under Rounds
Total rounds Rounds
Over Rounds

Join box.live, it’s free!

Sign up