Feb 25 2023
Saturday

Armory, Minneapolis, United States

12 rounds contest
@ Super Lightweight
18-1-0

Est. ringwalk:

2023-02-26T04:00:00Z ()

broadcast start time:

US - TBC / UK - N/A

30-0-0

Contest odds

Matias 1/5 (-500)
Draw 13/1 (+1300)
Ponce 100/30 (+330)

Chance of winning

78.3% 21.7%
Bovada logo

Bet on Matias vs Ponce
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

30
Age
26
5' 8" / 173 cm
Height
5' 11" / 180 cm
71.7" / 182 cm
Reach
N/A
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

TKO 9TKO 8TKO 7TKO 5TKO 11
Form
TKO 10UD 10KO 1
18
Wins
30
18
By KO
20
100
KO%
67
1
Losses
0
0
Stopped
0
0
Draws
0
2015
Debut
N/A
85
Pro rounds
150

Current rankings @ Super Lightweight

4
The Ring
-
-
WBA
-
-
WBC
-
-
WBO
-
2
IBF
1

Matias vs Ponce betting preview

Bookmakers made Subriel Matias a big favourite against Jeremias Ponce when they square off in their contest on Saturday 25th February 2023 at Armory, Minneapolis, United States.

He is currently 1/5 (-500) to win the contest outright, while you can get 100/30 (+330) on Jeremias Ponce if you fancy the big upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 79% chance of Matias winning while giving Ponce a 21% chance.

Matias opened as the favourite at 1/6 (-590) however, that price has shortened by -103/100 (+100).

Ponce opened at 7/2 (+350) which has got wider by 83/-100 (+120).

The fight is scheduled for 12 rounds in the Super Lightweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 140 pounds (9.8 stones or 63.64 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.

This contest is for the vacant IBF super lightweight championship of the world.

Matias vs Ponce Head To Head

Subriel Matias steps into the ring with a record of 18 wins, 1 loss and 0 draws, 18 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.

Jeremias Ponce will make his way to the ring with an unblemished record of 30 wins and 0 draws, with 20 of those by knock out.

The stats suggest Matias has a massive power advantage over Ponce, boosting at 100% knock out percentage over Ponce's 67%.

Matias is currently 12/25 (-210) to get the knockout, while Ponce is 19/2 (+950).

Subriel Matias is the older man by 4 years, at 30 years old.

Ponce has a height advantage of 3 inches over Matias.

Both Subriel Matias & Jeremias Ponce fight out of an orthodox stance.

Matias is the less experienced professional fighter, having had 11 less fights, and made his debut in 2015, 7 year and 1 month later than Ponce, whose first professional fight was in . He has fought 65 less professional rounds, 85 to Ponce's 150.

If you think Matias will win on points, you can get odds of 333/100 (+330).

Subriel Matias goes into the fight ranked number 2 by the IBF and 4 by the RING at super lightweight.

Jeremias Ponce is currently ranked number 1 by the IBF in the 140lb division.

Matias vs Ponce betting form

Subriel Matias has stopped all of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he defeated Petros Ananyan on 22nd January 2022 by technical knockout in the 9th round at Borgata Hotel Casino, New Jersey, United States.

Previous to that, he had defeated Batyrzhan Jukembayev on 29th May 2021 by technical knockout in the 8th round at Dignity Health Sports Park, Carson.

Going into that contest, he had beat Malik Hawkins on 24th October 2020 by technical knockout in the 7th round at Mohegan Sun Casino, Connecticut. He was a 6/5 (+120) underdog going into the ring.

Before that, he had won against Jonathan Jose Eniz on 30th November 2019 by technical knockout in the 5th round at Coliseo Tomas Dones, Fajardo, Puerto Rico.

He had beat Maxim Dadashev on 19th July 2019 by technical knockout in the 11th round at MGM National Harbor, Maryland, United States.

Who's been more active?

Matias' last 5 fights have come over a period of 3 years, 6 months and 18 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 8 months and 16 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 40 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 8 rounds on average.

Matias is currently 12/25 (-210) to finish this fight in the 8th round, or 333/100 (+330) to win on points.

Ponce's last 3 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 2 months and 24 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 8 months and 28 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 21 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 7 rounds on average.

What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Matias vs Ponce Pre Fight?

The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 11:00 PM EST / 8:00 PM PST at Armory, Minneapolis, United States, which is around 4:00 AM GMT in the UK.

Where Can I Watch Matias vs Ponce for In-Play Betting?

Matias vs Ponce will be broadcast on ShowTime in the US.

Matias vs Ponce Odds History

Matias vs Ponce sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Matias vs Ponce
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Matias vs Ponce Betting Markets

Winner Method of result Round betting Grouped betting Fight to go the distance Total rounds
Matias
Ponce

Total rounds

Under 3.5
Total rounds 3.5
Over 3.5
Under 4.5
Total rounds 4.5
Over 4.5
Under 5.5
Total rounds 5.5
Over 5.5
Under 6.5
Total rounds 6.5
Over 6.5
Under 7.5
Total rounds 7.5
Over 7.5
Under 8.5
Total rounds 8.5
Over 8.5
Under 9.5
Total rounds 9.5
Over 9.5
Under 10.5
Total rounds 10.5
Over 10.5
Install Box.live on your device: tapand then Add to Home Screen.

Join box.live, it’s free!

Sign up