May 04 2024
Saturday

T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, United States

12 rounds contest
@ Super Middleweight
VS
60-2-2

Estimated Ringwalk:

2024-05-05T03:00:00Z ()

broadcast start time:

US - Sat 9:00pm EST / UK - Sun 2:00am

43-0-0

Contest odds

Canelo 1/6 (-590)
Draw 19/1 (+1900)
Munguia 4/1 (+400)

Chance of winning

81.04% 18.96%
Bovada logo

Bet on Canelo vs Munguia
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

33
Age
27
5' 9" / 175 cm
Height
6' 0" / 183 cm
70.5" / 179 cm
Reach
72" / 183 cm
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

UD 12UD 12UD 12UD 12KO 11
Form
TKO 9UD 12KO 3KO 5TKO 3
60
Wins
43
39
By KO
34
65
KO%
79
2
Losses
0
0
Stopped
0
2
Draws
0
2005
Debut
2013
484
Pro rounds
199

Current rankings @ Super Middleweight

-
The Ring
5
-
WBA
-
-
WBC
1
-
WBO
1
-
IBF
8

Canelo vs Munguia betting preview

Bookmakers made Canelo Alvarez a big favourite against Jaime Munguia when they face off in their fight on Saturday 4th May 2024 at T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, United States.

He is currently 1/6 (-590) to win the fight outright, while you can get 4/1 (+400) on Jaime Munguia if you fancy the big upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 82% chance of Canelo winning while giving Munguia a 18% chance.

Canelo opened as the favourite at 1/7 (-710) however, that price has shortened by -103/100 (+100).

Munguia opened at 9/2 (+450) which has got wider by 1/-2 (+200).

The fight is scheduled for 12 rounds in the Super Middleweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 168 pounds (11.76 stones or 76.36 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.

This contest is for the undisputed super middleweight championship of the world, with the WBC, WBA, IBF & WBO belts on the line.

Canelo vs Munguia Head To Head

Canelo Alvarez steps into the ring with a record of 60 wins, 2 loses and 2 draws, 39 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.

Jaime Munguia will make his way to the ring with an unblemished record of 43 wins and 0 draws, with 34 of those by knock out.

The stats suggest Munguia has advantage in power over Canelo, with a 79% knock out percentage over Canelo's 65%.

Canelo is currently 21/10 (+210) to get the knockout, while Munguia is 10/1 (+1000).

Canelo Alvarez is the older man by 6 years, at 33 years old.

Munguia has a height advantage of 3 inches over Canelo. This also extends to a 2-inch reach advantage.

Both Canelo Alvarez & Jaime Munguia fight out of an orthodox stance.

Canelo is the more experienced professional fighter, having had 21 more fights, and made his debut in 2005, 7 years and 8 months earlier than Munguia, whose first professional fight was in 2013. He has fought 285 more professional rounds, 484 to Munguia's 199.

Jaime Munguia is currently ranked number 1 by the WBC, 1 by the WBO, 8 by the IBF and 5 by the RING in the 168lb division.

Canelo vs Munguia betting form

Canelo has beaten 4 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 1 of them, going the distance 3 times.

In his last fight, he defeated Jermell Charlo on 30th September 2023 by unanimous decision in their IBF World Super Middleweight, WBA Super World Super Middleweight, WBC World Super Middleweight and WBO World Super Middleweight championship fight at T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, United States. He was a 1/4 (-400) favourite going into the fight.

Previous to that, he had defeated John Ryder on 6th May 2023 by unanimous decision in their IBF World Super Middleweight, WBA Super World Super Middleweight, WBC World Super Middleweight and WBO World Super Middleweight championship fight at Estadio Akron, Zapopan, Mexico. He was a 1/20 (-2000) favourite going into the fight.

Going into that contest, he had beat Gennady Golovkin on 17th September 2022 by unanimous decision in their The Ring Super Middleweight, WBC World Super Middleweight, WBA Super World Super Middleweight and IBF World Super Middleweight championship fight at T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, United States.

Before that, he had been beaten by Dmitry Bivol on 7th May 2022 by unanimous decision in their WBA Super World Light Heavyweight championship fight at T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas. He was a 69/50 (+140) favourite going into the fight.

He had won against Caleb Plant on 6th November 2021 by knockout in the 11th round in their WBC World Super Middleweight, WBA Super World Super Middleweight, IBF World Super Middleweight and WBO World Super Middleweight championship fight at MGM Grand, Grand Garden Arena, Nevada. He was a 3/25 (-830) favourite going into the fight.

Munguia remains undefeated as a professional, stopping 4 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he beat John Ryder on 27th January 2024 by technical knockout in the 9th round at Footprint Center, Phoenix, United States. He was a 1/5 (-560) favourite going into the ring.

Previous to that, he had beat Sergiy Derevyanchenko on 10th June 2023 by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at Toyota Arena, Ontario. He was a 17/100 (-590) favourite going into the ring.

Going into that contest, he had defeated Gonzalo Gaston Coria on 19th November 2022 by knockout in the 3rd round at Arena Astros, Guadalajara, Mexico. He was a 1/50 (-5000) favourite going into the ring.

Before that, he had won against ‘Jimmy’ Kilrain Kelly on 11th June 2022 by knockout in the 5th round at Honda Center, California, United States. He was a 1/50 (-5000) favourite going into the ring.

He had defeated D’Mitrius Ballard on 19th February 2022 by technical knockout in the 3rd round at Plaza de Toros, Baja California, Mexico. He was a 3/50 (-1700) favourite going into the ring.

Who's been more active?

If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, Jaime Munguia has been fighting more than Canelo Alvarez.

Canelo Alvarez last fought 7 months and 4 days ago, while Jaime Munguia's last outing was 3 months and 7 days ago.

Canelo's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 5 months and 28 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 6 months and 1 day. In those fights, he fought a total of 59 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 11.8 rounds on average.

Munguia's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 2 months and 15 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 5 months and 10 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 32 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 6.4 rounds on average.

What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Canelo vs Munguia Pre Fight?

The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 11:00 PM EST / 8:00 PM PST at T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, United States, which is around 4:00 AM BST in the UK.

Where Can I Watch Canelo vs Munguia for In-Play Betting?

The DAZN PPV show is expected to begin at 9:00 PM EST / 6:00 PM PST. The DAZN PPV UK broadcast of the card is expected to start at 2:00 AM (BTS).

Canelo vs Munguia Odds History

Canelo vs Munguia sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Canelo vs Munguia
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Canelo vs Munguia Betting Markets

Winner Method of result Round betting Grouped betting Fight to go the distance Total rounds
Canelo
Munguia

Fight to go the distance

Yes
No

Total rounds

Under 3.5
Total rounds 3.5
Over 3.5
Under 4.5
Total rounds 4.5
Over 4.5
Under 5.5
Total rounds 5.5
Over 5.5
Under 6.5
Total rounds 6.5
Over 6.5
Under 7.5
Total rounds 7.5
Over 7.5
Under 8.5
Total rounds 8.5
Over 8.5
Under 9.5
Total rounds 9.5
Over 9.5
Under 10.5
Total rounds 10.5
Over 10.5
Under Rounds
Total rounds Rounds
Over Rounds

Join Box.Live, it’s free!

Sign up