Jul 20 2024
Saturday

Kokugikan, Tokyo, Japan

12 rounds contest
@ Bantamweight
VS
27-0-0

Estimated Ringwalk:

2024-07-20T12:00:00Z ()

broadcast start time:

US - Sat 5:00am EST / UK - Sat 10:00am

19-4-0

Contest odds

Nakatani 1/25 (-2500)
Draw 25/1 (+2500)
Astrolabio 12/1 (+1200)

Chance of winning

92.59% 7.41%
Bovada logo

Bet on Nakatani vs Astrolabio
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

26
Age
27
5' 7" / 170 cm
Height
5' 5" / 165 cm
66.9" / 170 cm
Reach
65.4" / 166 cm
Southpaw (L)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

TKO 6UD 12KO 12UD 10TKO 8
Form
TKO 11MD 12KO 6UD 10TKO 1
27
Wins
19
20
By KO
14
74
KO%
74
0
Losses
4
0
Stopped
1
0
Draws
0
2015
Debut
2015
136
Pro rounds
141

Current rankings @ Bantamweight

1
The Ring
7
-
WBA
-
-
WBC
1
-
WBO
-
-
IBF
-

Nakatani vs Astrolabio betting preview

Bookmakers made Junto Nakatani a massive favorite against Vincent Astrolabio when they meet in their bout on Saturday 20th July 2024 at Kokugikan, Tokyo, Japan.

He is currently 1/25 (-2500) to win the bout outright, while you can get 12/1 (+1200) on Vincent Astrolabio if you fancy the massive upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 93% chance of Nakatani winning while giving Astrolabio a 7% chance.

Nakatani opened as the favorite at 1/25 (-2500).

Astrolabio opened at 9/1 (+900) which has shorten by -4/1 (+30).

The fight is scheduled for 12 rounds in the Bantamweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 118 pounds (8.26 stones or 53.64 kg) on the day of the weigh-in.

This contest is for the WBC bantamweight championship of the world.

Nakatani vs Astrolabio Head To Head

Junto Nakatani steps into the ring with an undefeated record of 27 wins, zero losses, and 0 draws, 20 of those wins coming by way of knockout.

Vincent Astrolabio will make his way to the ring with a record of 19 wins, 4 losses and 0 draws, with 14 of those wins by knockout.

The stats suggest that Nakatani and Astrolabio have similar power, both with a 74% knockout percentage.

Junto Nakatani is the younger man by 1 year, at 26 years old.

Nakatani has a height advantage of 2 inches over Astrolabio. This also extends to a 2-inch reach advantage.

Junto Nakatani fights out of the southpaw stance, while Vincent Astrolabio is an orthodox fighter.

Nakatani's experience as a professional fighter is relatively equal to Astrolabio's, having had 4 more fights, and made his debut in 2015, 6 months earlier than Astrolabio, whose first professional fight was in 2015. He has fought 5 fewer professional rounds, totaling 136 compared to Astrolabio's 141.

Junto Nakatani goes into the fight ranked number 1 by The Ring at bantamweight.

Vincent Astrolabio is currently ranked number 1 by the WBC, and 7 by The Ring in the 118lb division.

Nakatani vs Astrolabio betting form

Nakatani remains undefeated as a professional, stopping 3 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he won against Alejandro Santiago on February 24, 2024, by technical knockout in the 6th round in their WBC World Bantamweight championship fight at Kokugikan, Tokyo, Japan.

Prior to that, he had won against Argi Cortes on September 18, 2023, by unanimous decision in their WBO World Junior Bantamweight championship fight at Ariake Arena, Koto-Ku. He was a 1/22 (-2000) favorite going into the ring.

Going into that contest, he had beaten Andrew Moloney on May 20, 2023, by knockout in the 12th round in their WBO World Junior Bantamweight championship fight at MGM Grand, Las Vegas, United States. He was a 9/50 (-560) favorite going into the ring.

Before that, he had defeated Francisco Rodriguez Jr on November 1, 2022, by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at Super Arena, Saitama, Japan.

He had won against Ryota Yamauchi on April 9, 2022, by technical knockout in the 8th round in their WBO World Flyweight championship fight at Super Arena, Saitama.

Astrolabio has beaten 4 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 3 of them, going the distance once.

In his last fight, he defeated Nawaphon Kaikanha on August 26, 2023, by technical knockout in the 11th round in their WBC World Bantamweight eliminator fight at Tupatemi Airforce Central Stadium, Bangkok, Thailand. He was a 2/5 (-250) favorite going into the contest.

Prior to that, he had been beaten by Jason Moloney on May 13, 2023, by majority decision in their WBO World Bantamweight championship fight at Stockton Arena, Stockton, United States. He was a 11/10 (+110) underdog going into the contest.

Going into that contest, he had defeated Nikolay Potapov on December 17, 2022, by knockout in the 6th round in their IBF World Bantamweight eliminator fight at The Cosmopolitan, Las Vegas. He was a 2/5 (-250) favorite going into the contest.

Before that, he had beaten Guillermo Rigondeaux on February 26, 2022, by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at Dubai Marina, Dubai, United Arab Emirates. He was a 257/50 (+510) underdog going into the contest.

He had won against Jerry Pabila on February 27, 2021, by technical knockout in the 1st round at Bula Gym, General Santos City, Philippines.

Who's been more active?

If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, Junto Nakatani has been fighting more than Vincent Astrolabio.

Junto Nakatani last fought 4 months and 26 days ago, while Vincent Astrolabio's last outing was 10 months and 24 days ago.

Nakatani's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 3 months and 11 days, which means he has been fighting approximately every 5 months and 15 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 48 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 9.6 rounds on average.

Astrolabio's last 5 fights have come over a period of 3 years, 4 months and 23 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 8 months and 4 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 40 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 8 rounds on average.

What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Nakatani vs Astrolabio Pre Fight?

The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 12:00 PM UTC at Kokugikan, Tokyo, Japan, which is 8:00 AM EST or 5:00 AM PST on the West Coast of America, or 1:00 PM BST in the UK.

Where Can I Watch Nakatani vs Astrolabio for In-Play Betting?

The ESPN+ show is expected to begin at 5:00 AM EST / 2:00 AM PST. The Sky Sports Action broadcast of the card is expected to start at 10:00 AM (BST).

Nakatani vs Astrolabio Odds History

Nakatani vs Astrolabio sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Nakatani vs Astrolabio
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Nakatani vs Astrolabio Betting Markets

Winner Method of result Round betting Grouped betting Fight to go the distance Total rounds
Nakatani
Astrolabio

Method of result

Draw or Technical Draw

Fight to go the distance

Yes
No

Join Box.Live, it’s free!

Sign up