Wembley Arena, Wembley, United Kingdom
broadcast start time:
UK - Sat 7:00pm / US - Sat 2:00pm EST
Chance of winning
Bet on Opetaia vs Thompson
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!
US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs
Bookmakers made Jai Opetaia a big favourite against Jordan Thompson when they come head-to-head in their clash on Saturday 30th September 2023 at Wembley Arena, Wembley, United Kingdom.
He is currently 1/5 (-500) to win the clash outright, while you can get 7/2 (+350) on Jordan Thompson if you fancy the big upset.
That means that oddsmakers think there is 79% chance of Opetaia winning while giving Thompson a 21% chance.
Opetaia opened as the favourite at 1/4 (-400) however, that price has now got wider by -19/20 (+110).
Thompson opened at 3/1 (+300) which has shorten by 3/-2 (+70).
The fight is scheduled for 12 rounds in the Cruiserweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 200 pounds (14 stones or 90.91 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.
This contest is for the IBF cruiserweight championship of the world.
Opetaia vs Thompson Head To Head
Jai Opetaia steps into the ring with an undefeated record of 22 wins, zero loses and 0 draws, 17 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.
Jordan Thompson will make his way to the ring with an unblemished record of 15 wins and 0 draws, with 12 of those by knock out.
The stats suggest Thompson has a slight advantage in power over Opetaia, with a 80% knock out percentage over Opetaia's 77%.
Opetaia is currently 4/5 (-130) to get the knockout, while Thompson is 15/2 (+750).
Jai Opetaia is the younger man by 2 years, at 28 years old.
Thompson has a height advantage of 3 inches over Opetaia.
Jai Opetaia fights out of the southpaw stance, while Jordan Thompson is an orthodox fighter.
Opetaia is the more experienced professional fighter, having had 7 more fights, and made his debut in 2015, 4 months earlier than Thompson, whose first professional fight was in 2015. He has fought 56 more professional rounds, 97 to Thompson's 41.
If you think Thompson will win on points, you can get odds of 17/2 (+850), while Opetaia is 2/1 (+200) to win on the scorecards.
Jordan Thompson is currently ranked number 13 by the WBO and 5 by the IBF in the 200lb division.
Opetaia vs Thompson betting form
Opetaia remains undefeated as a professional, stopping 3 of his last 5 opponents.
In his last fight, he beat Mairis Briedis on 2nd July 2022 by unanimous decision in their IBF World Cruiserweight and The Ring Cruiserweight championship fight at Gold Coast Convention Centre, Queensland, Australia. He was a 8/5 (+160) underdog going into the contest.
Previous to that, he had beat Daniel Russell on 4th December 2021 by technical knockout in the 3rd round at Fortitude Music Hall, Queensland.
Going into that contest, he had won against Benjamin Kelleher on 22nd October 2020 by technical knockout in the 6th round at Fortitude Music Hall, Queensland.
Before that, he had beat Mark Flanagan on 16th November 2019 by technical knockout in the 8th round at Hordern Pavilion, New South Wales.
He had defeated Nikolas Charalampous on 27th July 2019 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at Luna Park, New South Wales.
Thompson remains undefeated as a professional, stopping 4 of his last 5 opponents.
In his last fight, he won against Luke Watkins on 22nd April 2023 by knockout in the 6th round at Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff, United Kingdom. He was a 1/6 (-590) favourite going into the fight.
Previous to that, he had won against Vasil Ducar on 6th August 2022 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at Sheffield Arena, Sheffield.
Going into that contest, he had defeated Mariano Angel Gudino on 16th April 2022 by technical knockout in the 2nd round at Manchester Arena, Manchester.
Before that, he had beat Piotr Budziszewski on 18th December 2021 by technical knockout in the 1st round at Manchester Arena, Manchester.
He had won against Piotr Podlucki on 30th October 2021 by knockout in the 1st round at O2 Arena, Greenwich.
Who's been more active?
If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, Jordan Thompson has been fighting more than Jai Opetaia.
Jai Opetaia last fought 1 year, 2 months and 28 days ago, while Jordan Thompson's last outing was 5 months and 8 days ago.
Opetaia's last 5 fights have come over a period of 4 years, 2 months and 3 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 10 months and 1 day. In those fights, he fought a total of 39 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 7.8 rounds on average.
Opetaia is currently 4/5 (-130) to finish this fight in the 7th round, or 2/1 (+200) to win on points.
Thompson's last 5 fights have come over a period of 1 year and 11 months, meaning he has been fighting on average every 4 months and 20 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 20 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 4 rounds on average.
Thompson is currently 15/2 (+750) to finish this fight in the 4th round, or +850 (+850) to win on points.
What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Opetaia vs Thompson Pre Fight?
The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 10:00 PM BST at Wembley Arena, Wembley, United Kingdom, which is 5:00 PM EST or 2:00 PM PST on the West Coast of America.