Mar 19 2022
Saturday

in the United States

12 rounds contest
@ Welterweight
18-0-0

Est. ringwalk:

2022-03-20T04:00:00Z ()

broadcast start time:

US - TBC / UK - TBC

21-0-0

Contest odds

Ortiz Jr 1/12 (-1249)
Draw -
McKinson 11/2 (+550)

Chance of winning

85.76% 14.24%
Bovada logo

Bet on Ortiz Jr vs McKinson
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

23
Age
5' 10" / 178 cm
Height
5' 9" / 175 cm
70.1" / 178 cm
Reach
N/A
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Southpaw (L)

Full record

TKO 8TKO 7KO 7KO 5TKO 6
Form
UD 10UD 10UD 10UD 10UD 10
18
Wins
21
18
By KO
2
100
KO%
10
0
Losses
0
0
Stopped
0
0
Draws
0
2016
Debut
2014
60
Pro rounds
139

Current rankings @ Welterweight

5
The Ring
-
2
WBA
-
1
WBC
-
1
WBO
3
4
IBF
-

Ortiz Jr vs McKinson betting preview

Bookmakers make Vergil Ortiz Jr a massive favourite against Michael McKinson when they meet in their bout on Saturday 19th March 2022 at in the United States.

He is currently 1/12 (-1249) to win the bout outright, while you can get 11/2 (+550) on Michael McKinson if you fancy the massive upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 86% chance of Ortiz Jr winning while giving McKinson a 14% chance.

Ortiz Jr opened as the favourite at 1/10 (-999).

McKinson opened at 11/2 (+550).

The fight is scheduled for 12 rounds in the Welterweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 147 pounds (10.29 stones or 66.82 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.

Ortiz Jr vs McKinson Head To Head

Vergil Ortiz Jr steps into the ring with an undefeated record of 18 wins, zero loses and 0 draws, 18 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.

Michael McKinson will make his way to the ring with an unblemished record of 21 wins and 0 draws, with 2 of those by knock out.

The stats suggest Ortiz Jr has a massive power advantage over McKinson, boosting at 100% knock out percentage over McKinson's 10%.

Vergil Ortiz Jr is the older man by 23 years, at 23 years old.

Ortiz Jr has a height advantage of 1 inch over McKinson.

Vergil Ortiz Jr fights out of the orthodox stance, while Michael McKinson is a southpaw.

Ortiz Jr is the less experienced professional fighter, having had 3 less fights, and made his debut in 2016, 1 year and 9 months later than McKinson, whose first professional fight was in 2014. He has fought 79 less professional rounds, 60 to McKinson's 139.

Vergil Ortiz Jr goes into the fight ranked number 2 by the WBA, 1 by the WBC, 1 by the WBO, 4 by the IBF and 5 by the RING at welterweight.

Michael McKinson is currently ranked number 3 by the WBO in the 147lb division.

Ortiz Jr vs McKinson betting form

Ortiz Jr remains undefeated as a professional, stopping 5 of his recent opponents.

In his last fight, he won against Egidijus Kavaliauskas on 14th August 2021 by technical knockout in the 8th round at The Star, Frisco, United States.

Previous to that, he had won against Maurice Hooker on 20th March 2021 by technical knockout in the 7th round at Dickies Arena, Texas. He was a 2/25 (-1249) favourite going into the ring.

Going into that contest, he had beat Samuel Vargas on 24th July 2020 by knockout in the 7th round at Fantasy Springs Resort Casino, Indio. He was a 1/100 (-9999) favourite going into the ring.

Before that, he had defeated Brad Solomon on 13th December 2019 by knockout in the 5th round at Fantasy Springs Casino, California.

He had won against Antonio Orozco on 10th August 2019 by technical knockout in the 6th round at Verizon Theatre, Texas. He was a 9/100 (-1111) favourite going into the ring.

McKinson remains undefeated as a professional.

In his last fight, he defeated Przemyslaw Runowski on 14th August 2021 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at Matchroom Fight Camp, Essex, United Kingdom.

Previous to that, he had defeated Chris Kongo on 27th March 2021 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at Europa Point Sports Complex, Gibraltar, Gibraltar.

Going into that contest, he had beat Martin Harkin on 18th October 2020 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at Production Park Studios, Yorkshire, United Kingdom. He was a 7/50 (-714) favourite going into the contest.

Before that, he had won against Luis Alberto Veron on 9th November 2019 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at York Hall, London. He was a 4/25 (-625) favourite going into the contest.

Hehad beat Evgeny Pavko on 20th July 2019 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at Brentwood Centre, Essex.

Who's been more active?

If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, Vergil Ortiz Jr has been fighting more than Michael McKinson.

Vergil Ortiz Jr last fought 5 months and 15 days ago, while Michael McKinson's last outing was 5 months and 15 days ago.

Ortiz Jr's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 5 months and 19 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 5 months and 29 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 33 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 6.6 rounds on average.

McKinson's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 6 months and 9 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 6 months and 3 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 50 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 10 rounds on average.

What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Ortiz Jr vs McKinson Pre Fight?

The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 12:00 AM EST / 9:00 PM PST in the United States, which is around 4:00 AM GMT in the UK.

Where Can I Watch Ortiz Jr vs McKinson for In-Play Betting?

Ortiz Jr vs McKinson will be broadcast on DAZN in the US, while the fight will be broadcast in the United Kingdom by DAZN Global.

Ortiz Jr vs McKinson Odds History

Ortiz Jr vs McKinson sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Ortiz Jr vs McKinson
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Ortiz Jr vs McKinson Betting Markets

Join box.live, it’s free!

Sign up