Mar 04 2022
Friday

Save Mart Center, Fresno, United States

12 rounds contest
@ Super Lightweight
26-1-0

Est. ringwalk:

2022-03-05T03:00:00Z ()

broadcast start time:

US - TBC / UK - Sat 3:00am

29-3-0

Contest odds

Ramirez 2/11 (-555)
Draw -
Pedraza 4/1 (+400)

Chance of winning

80.91% 19.09%
Bovada logo

Bet on Ramirez vs Pedraza
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

29
Age
32
5' 10" / 178 cm
Height
5' 9" / 174 cm
72.4" / 184 cm
Reach
70.5" / 179 cm
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

UD 12MD 12TKO 6MD 12UD 12
Form
TKO 8UD 10UD 10UD 10TKO 9
26
Wins
29
17
By KO
14
65
KO%
48
1
Losses
3
0
Stopped
1
0
Draws
0
2012
Debut
2011
139
Pro rounds
238

Current rankings @ Super Lightweight

2
The Ring
10
-
WBA
-
2
WBC
-
6
WBO
5
-
IBF
-

Ramirez vs Pedraza betting preview

Bookmakers make Jose Carlos Ramirez a big favourite against Jose Pedraza when they come head-to-head in their clash on Friday 4th March 2022 at Save Mart Center, Fresno, United States.

He is currently 2/11 (-555) to win the clash outright, while you can get 4/1 (+400) on Jose Pedraza if you fancy the big upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 81% chance of Ramirez winning while giving Pedraza a 19% chance.

Ramirez opened as the favourite at 1/6 (-588).

Pedraza opened at 4/1 (+400).

The fight is scheduled for 12 rounds in the Super Lightweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 140 pounds (9.8 stones or 63.64 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.

Ramirez vs Pedraza Head To Head

Jose Carlos Ramirez steps into the ring with a record of 26 wins, 1 loss and 0 draws, 17 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.

Jose Pedraza will make his way to the ring with a record of 29 wins, 3 loses and 0 draws, with 14 of those wins by knock out.

The stats suggest Ramirez has advantage in power over Pedraza, with a 65% knock out percentage over Pedraza's 48%.

Jose Carlos Ramirez is the younger man by 3 years, at 29 years old.

Ramirez has a height advantage of 1 inch over Pedraza. This also extends to a 2-inch reach advantage.

Both Jose Carlos Ramirez & Jose Pedraza fight out of an orthodox stance.

Ramirez is the less experienced professional fighter, having had 5 less fights, and made his debut in 2012, 1 year and 9 months later than Pedraza, whose first professional fight was in 2011. He has fought 99 less professional rounds, 139 to Pedraza's 238.

Jose Carlos Ramirez goes into the fight ranked number 2 by the WBC, 6 by the WBO and 2 by the RING at super lightweight.

Jose Pedraza is currently ranked number 5 by the WBO and 10 by the RING in the 140lb division.

Ramirez vs Pedraza betting form

Ramirez has beaten 4 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 1 of them, going the distance 3 times.

In his last fight, he lost to Josh Taylor on 22nd May 2021 by unanimous decision in their WBC World Super Lightweight, WBA Super World Super Lightweight, IBF World Junior Welterweight and WBO World Junior Welterweight championship fight at Virgin Hotels, Las Vegas, United States. He was a 7/4 (+175) underdog going into the contest.

Previous to that, he had beat Viktor Postol on 29th August 2020 by majority decision in their WBC World Super Lightweight and WBO World Junior Welterweight championship fight at The Bubble, MGM Grand, Nevada. He was a 7/50 (-714) favourite going into the contest.

Going into that contest, he had won against Maurice Hooker on 27th July 2019 by technical knockout in the 6th round in their WBC World Super Lightweight and WBO World Junior Welterweight championship fight at College Park Center, Texas. He was a 69/100 (-144) favourite going into the contest.

Before that, he had beat Jose Zepeda on 10th February 2019 by majority decision in their WBC World Super Lightweight championship fight at Save Mart Arena, California. He was a 1/5 (-500) favourite going into the contest.

He had defeated Antonio Orozco on 14th September 2018 by unanimous decision in their WBC World Super Lightweight championship fight at Save Mart Arena, California. He was a 11/50 (-454) favourite going into the contest.

Pedraza has beaten 4 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 2 of them, going the distance twice.

In his last fight, he won against Julian Rodriguez on 12th June 2021 by technical knockout in the 8th round at Virgin Hotels Las Vegas, Nevada, United States.

Previous to that, he had won against Javier Molina on 19th September 2020 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at The Bubble, MGM Grand, Nevada. He was a 11/20 (-181) favourite going into the fight.

Going into that contest, he had defeated Mikkel LesPierre on 2nd July 2020 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at MGM Grand, Las Vegas.

Before that, he had been beaten by Jose Zepeda on 14th September 2019 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas. He was a 107/100 (+106) underdog going into the fight.

Hehad beat Antonio Lozada Jr on 25th May 2019 by technical knockout in the 9th round at Osceola Heritage Park, Florida. He was a 17/100 (-588) favourite going into the fight.

Who's been more active?

If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, Jose Pedraza has been fighting more than Jose Carlos Ramirez.

Jose Carlos Ramirez last fought 8 months and 7 days ago, while Jose Pedraza's last outing was 7 months and 17 days ago.

Ramirez's last 5 fights have come over a period of 3 years, 4 months and 15 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 8 months and 3 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 54 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 10.8 rounds on average.

Pedraza's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 8 months and 4 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 6 months and 15 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 47 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 9.4 rounds on average.

What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Ramirez vs Pedraza Pre Fight?

The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 10:00 PM EST / 7:00 PM PST at Save Mart Center, Fresno, United States, which is around 3:00 AM GMT in the UK.

Where Can I Watch Ramirez vs Pedraza for In-Play Betting?

Ramirez vs Pedraza will be broadcast on ESPN+ in the US, while the fight will be broadcast in the United Kingdom by Sky Sports Arena.

Ramirez vs Pedraza Odds History

Ramirez vs Pedraza sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Ramirez vs Pedraza
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Ramirez vs Pedraza Betting Markets

Join box.live, it’s free!

Sign up