June 2023
Potentially

OVO Hydro, Glasgow, United Kingdom

12 rounds contest
@ Super Lightweight
19-0-0
26-1-0

Contest odds

Taylor 4/9 (-230)
Draw 16/1 (+1600)
Catterall 7/4 (+180)

Chance of winning

65.63% 34.37%
Bovada logo

Bet on Taylor vs Catterall
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

32
Age
29
5' 10" / 178 cm
Height
5' 7" / 170 cm
69.7" / 177 cm
Reach
N/A
Southpaw (L)
Stance
Southpaw (L)

Full record

SD 12UD 12KO 1MD 12UD 12
Form
SD 12PTS 10UD 10UD 12UD 10
19
Wins
26
13
By KO
13
68
KO%
50
0
Losses
1
0
Stopped
0
0
Draws
0
2015
Debut
2012
115
Pro rounds
172

Current rankings @ Super Lightweight

-
The Ring
3
-
WBA
-
-
WBC
-
-
WBO
5
-
IBF
3

Taylor vs Catterall II betting preview

Bookmakers made Josh Taylor a strong favourite against Jack Catterall in a potential future contest between the pair, when they last released odds on January 28, 2023.

He is currently 4/9 (-230) to win the contest outright, while you can get 7/4 (+180) on Jack Catterall if you fancy the upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 66% chance of Taylor winning while giving Catterall a 34% chance.

Taylor opened as the favourite at 2/5 (-250) however, that price has shortened by 26/-25 (+100).

Catterall opened at 19/10 (+190) which has got wider by -17/20 (+120).

The fight would be scheduled for 12 rounds in the Super Lightweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 140 pounds (9.8 stones or 63.64 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.

Taylor vs Catterall II Head To Head

Josh Taylor would step into the ring with an undefeated record of 19 wins, zero loses and 0 draws, 13 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.

Jack Catterall would make his way to the ring with a record of 26 wins, 1 loss and 0 draws, with 13 of those wins by knock out.

The stats suggest Taylor would have advantage in power over Catterall, with a 68% knock out percentage over Catterall's 50%.

Taylor is currently 2/1 (+200) to get the knockout, while Catterall is 10/1 (+1000).

Josh Taylor is the older man by 3 years, at 32 years old.

Taylor has a height advantage of 3 inches over Catterall.

Both Josh Taylor & Jack Catterall fight out of a southpaw stance.

Taylor is currently the less experienced professional fighter, having had 8 less fights, and made his debut in 2015, 2 year and 9 months later than Catterall, whose first professional fight was in 2012. He has fought 57 less professional rounds, 115 to Catterall's 172.

If you think Catterall will win on points, you can get odds of 7/2 (+350), while Taylor is 6/5 (+120) to win on the scorecards.

Jack Catterall is currently ranked number 5 by the WBO, 3 by the IBF and 3 by the RING in the 140lb division.

Taylor vs Catterall II betting form

Taylor remains undefeated as a professional, stopping 1 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he won against Jack Catterall on 26th February 2022 by split decision in their WBC World Super Lightweight, WBA Super World Super Lightweight, IBF World Junior Welterweight and WBO World Junior Welterweight championship fight at The SSE Hydro, Scotland, United Kingdom. He was a 7/100 (-1400) favourite going into the ring.

Previous to that, he had won against Jose Carlos Ramirez on 22nd May 2021 by unanimous decision in their WBC World Super Lightweight, WBA Super World Super Lightweight, IBF World Junior Welterweight and WBO World Junior Welterweight championship fight at Virgin Hotels, Las Vegas, United States. He was a 2/5 (-250) favourite going into the ring.

Going into that contest, he had beat Apinan Kongsong on 26th September 2020 by knockout in the 1st round in their WBA Super World Super Lightweight and IBF World Junior Welterweight championship fight at BT Sport Studio, London, United Kingdom.

Before that, he had defeated Regis Prograis on 26th October 2019 by majority decision in their WBA Super World Super Lightweight, IBF World Junior Welterweight and The Ring Junior Welterweight championship fight at O2 Arena, London. He was a 32/25 (+130) underdog going into the ring.

He had won against Ivan Baranchyk on 18th May 2019 by unanimous decision in their IBF World Junior Welterweight championship fight at The SSE Hydro, Scotland. He was a 17/100 (-590) favourite going into the ring.

Jack Catterall has beaten 4 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he lost to Josh Taylor on 26th February 2022 by split decision in their WBC World Super Lightweight, WBA Super World Super Lightweight, IBF World Junior Welterweight and WBO World Junior Welterweight championship fight at The SSE Hydro, Scotland, United Kingdom. He was a 657/100 (+660) underdog going into the contest.

Previous to that, he had defeated Abderrazak Houya on 28th November 2020 by points in the 10th round at Church House, London.

Going into that contest, he had beat Timo Schwarzkopf on 22nd November 2019 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at Caesars Palace Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates. He was a 1/20 (-2000) favourite going into the contest.

Before that, he had won against Ohara Davies on 6th October 2018 by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at Leicester Arena, Leicestershire, United Kingdom. He was a 89/100 (-110) favourite going into the contest.

He had beat Tyrone McKenna on 30th June 2018 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at Odyssey Arena, Belfast. He was a 17/100 (-590) favourite going into the contest.

Who's been more active?

If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, Josh Taylor has been fighting more than Jack Catterall.

Josh Taylor last fought 11 months and 3 days ago, while Jack Catterall's last outing was 11 months and 3 days ago.

Taylor's last 5 fights have come over a period of 3 years, 8 months and 11 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 8 months and 27 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 49 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 9.8 rounds on average.

Taylor is currently 2/1 (+200) to finish this fight in the 9th round, or 6/5 (+120) to win on points.

Catterall's last 5 fights have come over a period of 4 years, 6 months and 30 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 11 months. In those fights, he fought a total of 54 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 10.8 rounds on average.

Catterall is currently 10/1 (+1000) to finish this fight in the 10th round, or +350 (+350) to win on points.

Taylor vs Catterall II Odds History

Taylor vs Catterall II sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Taylor vs Catterall
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Taylor vs Catterall II Betting Markets

Install Box.live on your device: tapand then Add to Home Screen.

Join box.live, it’s free!

Sign up