Feb 26 2022
Saturday

The SSE Hydro, Scotland, United Kingdom

12 rounds contest
@ Super Lightweight
18-0-0

Est. ringwalk:

2022-02-26T22:00:00Z ()

broadcast start time:

UK - Sat 8:00pm / US - TBC

26-0-0

Contest odds

Taylor 1/12 (-1249)
Draw -
Catterall 6/1 (+600)

Chance of winning

86.63% 13.37%
Bovada logo

Bet on Taylor vs Catterall
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

30
Age
28
5' 10" / 178 cm
Height
5' 7" / 170 cm
69.7" / 177 cm
Reach
N/A
Southpaw (L)
Stance
Southpaw (L)

Full record

UD 12KO 1MD 12UD 12TKO 7
Form
PTS 10UD 10UD 12UD 10UD 12
18
Wins
26
13
By KO
13
72
KO%
50
0
Losses
0
0
Stopped
0
0
Draws
0
2015
Debut
2012
103
Pro rounds
160

Current rankings @ Super Lightweight

-
The Ring
-
-
WBA
8
-
WBC
8
-
WBO
1
-
IBF
-

Taylor vs Catterall betting preview

Bookmakers make Josh Taylor a massive favourite against Jack Catterall when they face off in their fight on Saturday 26th February 2022 at The SSE Hydro, Scotland, United Kingdom.

He is currently 1/12 (-1249) to win the fight outright, while you can get 6/1 (+600) on Jack Catterall if you fancy the massive upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 87% chance of Taylor winning while giving Catterall a 13% chance.

Taylor opened as the favourite at 1/10 (-999).

Catterall opened at 11/2 (+550) which has shorten by 3/-2 (+66).

The fight is scheduled for 12 rounds in the Super Lightweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 140 pounds (9.8 stones or 63.64 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.

This contest is for the undisputed super lightweight championship of the world, with the WBC, WBA, IBF & WBO belts on the line.

Taylor vs Catterall Head To Head

Josh Taylor steps into the ring with an undefeated record of 18 wins, zero loses and 0 draws, 13 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.

Jack Catterall will make his way to the ring with an unblemished record of 26 wins and 0 draws, with 13 of those by knock out.

The stats suggest Taylor has a large advantage in power over Catterall, boosting at 72% knock out percentage over Catterall's 50%.

Josh Taylor is the older man by 2 years, at 30 years old.

Taylor has a height advantage of 3 inches over Catterall.

Both Josh Taylor & Jack Catterall fight out of a southpaw stance.

Taylor is the less experienced professional fighter, having had 8 less fights, and made his debut in 2015, 2 year and 9 months later than Catterall, whose first professional fight was in 2012. He has fought 57 less professional rounds, 103 to Catterall's 160.

Jack Catterall is currently ranked number 8 by the WBA, 8 by the WBC and 1 by the WBO in the 140lb division.

Taylor vs Catterall betting form

Taylor remains undefeated as a professional, stopping 2 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he defeated Jose Carlos Ramirez on 22nd May 2021 by unanimous decision in their WBC World Super Lightweight, WBA Super World Super Lightweight, IBF World Junior Welterweight and WBO World Junior Welterweight championship fight at Virgin Hotels, Las Vegas, United States. He was a 2/5 (-250) favourite going into the fight.

Previous to that, he had defeated Apinan Kongsong on 26th September 2020 by knockout in the 1st round in their WBA Super World Super Lightweight and IBF World Junior Welterweight championship fight at BT Sport Studio, London, United Kingdom.

Going into that contest, he had beat Regis Prograis on 26th October 2019 by majority decision in their WBA Super World Super Lightweight, IBF World Junior Welterweight and The Ring Junior Welterweight championship fight at O2 Arena, London. He was a 32/25 (+127) underdog going into the fight.

Before that, he had won against Ivan Baranchyk on 18th May 2019 by unanimous decision in their IBF World Junior Welterweight championship fight at The SSE Hydro, Scotland. He was a 17/100 (-588) favourite going into the fight.

He had beat Ryan Martin on 3rd November 2018 by technical knockout in the 7th round at The SSE Hydro, Scotland. He was a 11/100 (-909) favourite going into the fight.

Catterall remains undefeated as a professional.

In his last fight, he defeated Abderrazak Houya on 28th November 2020 by points in the 10th round at Church House, London, United Kingdom.

Previous to that, he had defeated Timo Schwarzkopf on 22nd November 2019 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at Caesars Palace Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates. He was a 1/20 (-1999) favourite going into the ring.

Going into that contest, he had won against Ohara Davies on 6th October 2018 by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at Leicester Arena, Leicestershire, United Kingdom. He was a 89/100 (-112) favourite going into the ring.

Before that, he had defeated Tyrone McKenna on 30th June 2018 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at Odyssey Arena, Belfast. He was a 17/100 (-588) favourite going into the ring.

He had beat Tyrone Nurse on 21st October 2017 by unanimous decision in their BBBOC British Super Lightweight championship fight at First Direct Arena, Leeds. He was a 21/50 (-238) favourite going into the ring.

Who's been more active?

If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, Josh Taylor has been fighting more than Jack Catterall.

Josh Taylor last fought 6 months and 8 days ago, while Jack Catterall's last outing was 1 year and 2 days ago.

Taylor's last 5 fights have come over a period of 3 years and 27 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 7 months and 12 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 44 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 8.8 rounds on average.

Catterall's last 5 fights have come over a period of 4 years, 1 month and 9 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 9 months and 27 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 54 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 10.8 rounds on average.

What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Taylor vs Catterall Pre Fight?

The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 10:00 PM GMT at The SSE Hydro, Scotland, United Kingdom, which is 5:00 PM EST or 2:00 PM PST on the West Coast of America.

Where Can I Watch Taylor vs Catterall for In-Play Betting?

Taylor vs Catterall will be broadcast on Sky Sports Arena in the UK, while the fight will be broadcast in the United States by ESPN+.

Taylor vs Catterall Odds History

Taylor vs Catterall sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Taylor vs Catterall
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Taylor vs Catterall Betting Markets

Join box.live, it’s free!

Sign up