Feb 05 2022
Saturday

Michelob Ultra Arena, Las Vegas, United States

12 rounds contest
@ Welterweight
29-1-0

Est. ringwalk:

2022-02-06T03:00:00Z ()

broadcast start time:

US - Sat 9:00pm EST / UK - Sun 2:00am

26-1-0

Contest odds

Thurman 4/7 (-175)
Draw 449/25 (+1796)
Barrios 6/4 (+150)

Chance of winning

61.42% 38.58%
Bovada logo

Bet on Thurman vs Barrios
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

33
Age
26
5' 7" / 171 cm
Height
5' 10" / 178 cm
68.9" / 175 cm
Reach
70.9" / 180 cm
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

SD 12MD 12SD 12UD 12TKO 7
Form
TKO 11TKO 6UD 12KO 2KO 4
29
Wins
26
22
By KO
17
76
KO%
65
1
Losses
1
0
Stopped
1
0
Draws
0
2007
Debut
2013
160
Pro rounds
142

Current rankings @ Welterweight

-
The Ring
-
-
WBA
8
-
WBC
-
-
WBO
-
-
IBF
-

Thurman vs Barrios betting preview

Bookmakers make Keith Thurman a favourite against Mario Barrios when they come head-to-head in their clash on Saturday 5th February 2022 at Michelob Ultra Arena, Las Vegas, United States.

He is currently 4/7 (-175) to win the clash outright, while you can get 6/4 (+150) on Mario Barrios if you fancy the small upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 62% chance of Thurman winning while giving Barrios a 38% chance.

Thurman opened as the favourite at 8/15 (-188) however, that price has shortened by 26/-25 (+96).

Barrios opened at 11/8 (+138) which has shorten by -28/25 (+89).

The fight is scheduled for 12 rounds in the Welterweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 147 pounds (10.29 stones or 66.82 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.

This contest is for the WBC welterweight championship of the world.

Thurman vs Barrios Head To Head

Keith Thurman steps into the ring with a record of 29 wins, 1 loss and 0 draws, 22 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.

Mario Barrios will make his way to the ring with a record of 26 wins, 1 loss and 0 draws, with 17 of those wins by knock out.

The stats suggest Thurman has advantage in power over Barrios, with a 76% knock out percentage over Barrios' 65%.

Thurman is currently 5/2 (+250) to get the knockout, while Barrios is 4/1 (+400).

Keith Thurman is the older man by 7 years, at 33 years old.

Barrios has a height advantage of 3 inches over Thurman. This also extends to a 2-inch reach advantage.

Both Keith Thurman & Mario Barrios fight out of an orthodox stance.

Thurman is the more experienced professional fighter, having had 3 more fights, and made his debut in 2007, 6 years earlier than Barrios, whose first professional fight was in 2013. He has fought 18 more professional rounds, 160 to Barrios' 142.

If you think Barrios will win on points, you can get odds of 3/1 (+300), while Thurman is 163/100 (+162) to win on the scorecards.

Mario Barrios is currently ranked number 8 by the WBA in the 147lb division.

Thurman vs Barrios betting form

Thurman has beaten 4 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 1 of them, going the distance 3 times.

In his last fight, he lost to Manny Pacquiao on 20th July 2019 by split decision in their WBA Super World Welterweight championship fight at MGM Grand, Las Vegas, United States. He was a 5/4 (+125) underdog going into the contest.

Previous to that, he had beat Josesito Lopez on 26th January 2019 by majority decision in their WBA Super World Welterweight championship fight at Barclays Center, New York. He was a 3/100 (-3333) favourite going into the contest.

Going into that contest, he had won against Danny Garcia on 4th March 2017 by split decision in their WBC World Welterweight and WBA World Welterweight championship fight at Barclays Center, New York. He was a 43/100 (-232) favourite going into the contest.

Before that, he had beat Shawn Porter on 25th June 2016 by unanimous decision in their WBA World Welterweight championship fight at Barclays Center, New York.

He had defeated Luis Collazo on 11th July 2015 by technical knockout in the 7th round in their WBA World Welterweight championship fight at USF Sundome, Tampa.

Barrios has beaten 4 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 3 of them, going the distance once.

In his last fight, he lost to Gervonta ‘Tank’ Davis on 26th June 2021 by technical knockout in the 11th round in their WBA World Super Lightweight championship fight at State Farm Arena, Atlanta, United States. He was a 4/1 (+400) underdog going into the fight.

Previous to that, he had won against Ryan Karl on 31st October 2020 by technical knockout in the 6th round in their WBA World Super Lightweight championship fight at Alamodome, San Antonio, Texas. He was a 1/25 (-2499) favourite going into the fight.

Going into that contest, he had defeated Batyr Akhmedov on 28th September 2019 by unanimous decision in their WBA World Super Lightweight championship fight at Staples Center, LA. He was a 31/50 (-161) favourite going into the fight.

Before that, he had beat Juan Jose Velasco on 11th May 2019 by knockout in the 2nd round at EagleBank Arena, Virginia.

Hehad won against Richard Zamora on 9th February 2019 by knockout in the 4th round at Dignity Health Sports Park , California.

Who's been more active?

If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, Mario Barrios has been fighting more than Keith Thurman.

Keith Thurman last fought 2 years, 6 months and 9 days ago, while Mario Barrios' last outing was 7 months and 3 days ago.

Thurman's last 5 fights have come over a period of 6 years, 6 months and 18 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 1 year, 3 months and 23 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 55 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 11 rounds on average.

Thurman is currently 5/2 (+250) to finish this fight in the 11th round, or 163/100 (+162) to win on points.

Barrios' last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 11 months and 20 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 7 months and 5 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 35 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 7 rounds on average.

Barrios is currently 4/1 (+400) to finish this fight in the 7th round, or +300 (+300) to win on points.

What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Thurman vs Barrios Pre Fight?

The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 10:00 PM EST / 7:00 PM PST at Michelob Ultra Arena, Las Vegas, United States, which is around 3:00 AM GMT in the UK.

Where Can I Watch Thurman vs Barrios for In-Play Betting?

The FOX Sports PPV show is expected to begin at 9:00 PM EST / 6:00 PM PST. The Fite.tv PPV UK broadcast of the card is expected to start at 2:00 AM (GTM).

Thurman vs Barrios Odds History

Thurman vs Barrios sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Thurman vs Barrios
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Thurman vs Barrios Betting Markets

Thurman
Barrios

Total rounds

Under 3.5
Total rounds 3.5
Over 3.5
Under 4.5
Total rounds 4.5
Over 4.5
Under 5.5
Total rounds 5.5
Over 5.5
Under 6.5
Total rounds 6.5
Over 6.5
Under 7.5
Total rounds 7.5
Over 7.5
Under 8.5
Total rounds 8.5
Over 8.5
Under 9.5
Total rounds 9.5
Over 9.5
Under 10.5
Total rounds 10.5
Over 10.5
Under Rounds
Total rounds Rounds
Over Rounds

Join box.live, it’s free!

Sign up