Mar 29 2024
Friday

Desert Diamond Arena, Glendale, United States

10 rounds contest
@ Super Featherweight
31-2-0

Estimated Ringwalk:

2024-03-30T04:00:00Z ()

broadcast start time:

US - TBC / UK - Sat 12:00am

13-2-0

Contest odds

Valdez 1/4 (-400)
Draw -
Wilson 3/1 (+300)

Chance of winning

76.19% 23.81%
Bovada logo

Bet on Valdez vs Wilson
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

33
Age
27
5' 5" / 166 cm
Height
5' 9" / 176 cm
66.1" / 168 cm
Reach
70.1" / 178 cm
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

UD 12UD 10UD 12UD 12KO 10
Form
UD 10UD 10TKO 9UD 10KO 2
31
Wins
13
23
By KO
7
74
KO%
54
2
Losses
2
0
Stopped
2
0
Draws
0
2012
Debut
2018
214
Pro rounds
90

Current rankings @ Super Featherweight

7
The Ring
-
-
WBA
-
9
WBC
-
5
WBO
2
-
IBF
-

Valdez vs Wilson betting preview

Bookmakers made Oscar Valdez a big favourite against Liam Wilson when they face off in their fight on Friday 29th March 2024 at Desert Diamond Arena, Glendale, United States.

He is currently 1/4 (-400) to win the fight outright, while you can get 3/1 (+300) on Liam Wilson if you fancy the big upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 77% chance of Valdez winning while giving Wilson a 23% chance.

Valdez opened as the favourite at 1/4 (-400).

Wilson opened at 29/10 (+290) which has shorten by 11/-10 (+90).

The fight is scheduled for 10 rounds in the Super Featherweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 130 pounds (9.1 stones or 59.09 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.

Valdez vs Wilson Head To Head

Oscar Valdez steps into the ring with a record of 31 wins, 2 loses and 0 draws, 23 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.

Liam Wilson will make his way to the ring with a record of 13 wins, 2 loses and 0 draws, with 7 of those wins by knock out.

The stats suggest Valdez has advantage in power over Wilson, with a 74% knock out percentage over Wilson's 54%.

Oscar Valdez is the older man by 6 years, at 33 years old.

Wilson has a height advantage of 4 inches over Valdez. This also extends to a 4-inch reach advantage.

Both Oscar Valdez & Liam Wilson fight out of an orthodox stance.

Valdez is the more experienced professional fighter, having had 18 more fights, and made his debut in 2012, 5 years and 10 months earlier than Wilson, whose first professional fight was in 2018. He has fought 124 more professional rounds, 214 to Wilson's 90.

Oscar Valdez goes into the fight ranked number 9 by the WBC, 5 by the WBO and 7 by the RING at super featherweight.

Liam Wilson is currently ranked number 2 by the WBO in the 130lb division.

Valdez vs Wilson betting form

Valdez has beaten 3 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 1 of them, going the distance twice.

In his last fight, he lost to Emanuel Navarrete on 12th August 2023 by unanimous decision in their WBO World Junior Lightweight championship fight at Desert Diamond Arena, Glendale, United States. He was a 4/7 (-180) favourite going into the fight.

Previous to that, he had defeated Adam Lopez on 20th May 2023 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at MGM Grand, Las Vegas.

Going into that contest, he had been beaten by Shakur Stevenson on 30th April 2022 by unanimous decision in their WBC World Super Featherweight, WBO World Junior Lightweight and The Ring Junior Lightweight championship fight at MGM Grand, Las Vegas. He was a 5/1 (+500) underdog going into the fight.

Before that, he had beat Robson Conceicao on 10th September 2021 by unanimous decision in their WBC World Super Featherweight championship fight at Casino Del Sol, Arizona.

He had won against Miguel Berchelt on 20th February 2021 by knockout in the 10th round in their WBC World Super Featherweight championship fight at The Bubble, MGM Grand, Nevada. He was a 3/1 (+300) underdog going into the fight.

Wilson has beaten 4 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 1 of them, going the distance 3 times.

In his last fight, he beat Jackson Jon England on 15th December 2023 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at The Star, Sydney, Pyrmont, Australia. He was a 1/12 (-1200) favourite going into the ring.

Previous to that, he had beat Carlos Maria Alanis on 23rd August 2023 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at Hordern Pavilion, Sydney. He was a 1/10 (-1000) favourite going into the ring.

Going into that contest, he had lost to Emanuel Navarrete on 3rd February 2023 by technical knockout in the 9th round in their WBO World Junior Lightweight championship fight at Desert Diamond Arena, Glendale, United States. He was a 6/1 (+620) underdog going into the ring.

Before that, he had defeated Matias Carlos Adrian Rueda on 29th June 2022 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at Convention & Exhibition Centre, Queensland, Australia. He was a 7/50 (-710) favourite going into the ring.

He had won against Joe Noynay on 3rd March 2022 by knockout in the 2nd round at Nissan Arena, Nathan.

Who's been more active?

If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, Liam Wilson has been fighting more than Oscar Valdez.

Oscar Valdez last fought 7 months and 17 days ago, while Liam Wilson's last outing was 3 months and 14 days ago.

Valdez's last 5 fights have come over a period of 3 years, 1 month and 9 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 7 months and 14 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 56 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 11.2 rounds on average.

Wilson's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years and 26 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 5 months. In those fights, he fought a total of 41 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 8.2 rounds on average.

What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Valdez vs Wilson Pre Fight?

The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 12:00 AM EST / 9:00 PM PST at Desert Diamond Arena, Glendale, United States, which is around 4:00 AM GMT in the UK.

Where Can I Watch Valdez vs Wilson for In-Play Betting?

Valdez vs Wilson will be broadcast on ESPN+ in the US, while the fight will be broadcast in the United Kingdom by Sky Sports Arena.

Valdez vs Wilson Odds History

Valdez vs Wilson sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Valdez vs Wilson
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Valdez vs Wilson Betting Markets

Join Box.Live, it’s free!

Sign up