Feb 11 2023
Saturday

Alamodome, San Antonio, United States

12 rounds contest
@ Super Featherweight
36-0-0

Est. ringwalk:

2023-02-12T04:00:00Z ()

broadcast start time:

US - Sat 9:00pm EST / UK - N/A

19-2-0

Contest odds

Vargas 8/15 (-190)
Draw 12/1 (+1200)
Foster 11/8 (+140)

Chance of winning

60.87% 39.13%
Bovada logo

Bet on Vargas vs Foster
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

32
Age
29
5' 8" / 172 cm
Height
5' 9" / 174 cm
70.5" / 179 cm
Reach
72" / 183 cm
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

SD 12UD 10UD 12UD 12UD 12
Form
UD 12KO 9
36
Wins
19
22
By KO
11
61
KO%
58
0
Losses
2
0
Stopped
0
0
Draws
0
2010
Debut
2012
222
Pro rounds
110

Current rankings @ Super Featherweight

-
The Ring
6
-
WBA
-
-
WBC
1
-
WBO
-
-
IBF
-

Vargas vs Foster betting preview

Bookmakers made Rey Vargas a favourite against O’Shaquie Foster when they square off in their contest on Saturday 11th February 2023 at Alamodome, San Antonio, United States.

He is currently 8/15 (-190) to win the contest outright, while you can get 11/8 (+140) on O’Shaquie Foster if you fancy the small upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 61% chance of Vargas winning while giving Foster a 39% chance.

Vargas opened as the favourite at 8/15 (-190).

Foster opened at 11/8 (+140).

The fight is scheduled for 12 rounds in the Super Featherweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 130 pounds (9.1 stones or 59.09 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.

This contest is for the vacant WBC super featherweight championship of the world.

Vargas vs Foster Head To Head

Rey Vargas steps into the ring with an undefeated record of 36 wins, zero loses and 0 draws, 22 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.

O’Shaquie Foster will make his way to the ring with a record of 19 wins, 2 loses and 0 draws, with 11 of those wins by knock out.

The stats suggest Vargas has a slight advantage in power over Foster, with a 61% knock out percentage over Foster's 58%.

Vargas is currently 6/1 (+600) to get the knockout, while Foster is 9/2 (+450).

Rey Vargas is the older man by 3 years, at 32 years old.

Foster has a height advantage of 1 inch over Vargas. This also extends to a 2-inch reach advantage.

Both Rey Vargas & O’Shaquie Foster fight out of an orthodox stance.

Vargas is the more experienced professional fighter, having had 15 more fights, and made his debut in 2010, 2 years and 4 months earlier than Foster, whose first professional fight was in 2012. He has fought 112 more professional rounds, 222 to Foster's 110.

If you think Foster will win on points, you can get odds of 3/1 (+300), while Vargas is 91/100 (-110) to win on the scorecards.

O’Shaquie Foster is currently ranked number 1 by the WBC and 6 by the RING in the 130lb division.

Vargas vs Foster betting form

Vargas remains undefeated as a professional.

In his last fight, he defeated Mark Magsayo on 9th July 2022 by split decision in their WBC World Featherweight championship fight at Alamodome, San Antonio, United States. He was a 91/100 (-110) underdog going into the ring.

Previous to that, he had defeated Leonardo Baez on 6th November 2021 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at MGM Grand, Grand Garden Arena, Nevada.

Going into that contest, he had beat Tomoki Kameda on 13th July 2019 by unanimous decision in their WBC World Super Bantamweight championship fight at Dignity Health Sports Park, California. He was a 29/100 (-340) favourite going into the ring.

Before that, he had won against Franklin Manzanilla on 9th February 2019 by unanimous decision in their WBC World Super Bantamweight championship fight at Fantasy Springs Casino, California. He was a 1/10 (-1000) favourite going into the ring.

He had beat Azat Hovhannisyan on 12th May 2018 by unanimous decision in their WBC World Super Bantamweight championship fight at Turning Stone Resort & Casino, New York. He was a 11/100 (-910) favourite going into the ring.

Who's been more active?

Vargas' last 5 fights have come over a period of 4 years, 8 months and 25 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 11 months and 12 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 58 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 11.6 rounds on average.

Vargas is currently 6/1 (+600) to finish this fight in the 11th round, or 91/100 (-110) to win on points.

Foster's last 2 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 2 months and 18 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 1 year, 1 month and 8 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 21 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 10.5 rounds on average.

Foster is currently 9/2 (+450) to finish this fight in the 10th round, or +300 (+300) to win on points.

What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Vargas vs Foster Pre Fight?

The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 11:00 PM EST / 8:00 PM PST at Alamodome, San Antonio, United States, which is around 4:00 AM GMT in the UK.

Where Can I Watch Vargas vs Foster for In-Play Betting?

Vargas vs Foster will be broadcast on ShowTime in the US.

Vargas vs Foster Odds History

Vargas vs Foster sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Vargas vs Foster
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Vargas vs Foster Betting Markets

Winner Method of result Round betting Grouped betting Fight to go the distance Total rounds
Vargas
Foster

Total rounds

Under 3.5
Total rounds 3.5
Over 3.5
Under 4.5
Total rounds 4.5
Over 4.5
Under 5.5
Total rounds 5.5
Over 5.5
Under 6.5
Total rounds 6.5
Over 6.5
Under 7.5
Total rounds 7.5
Over 7.5
Under 8.5
Total rounds 8.5
Over 8.5
Under 9.5
Total rounds 9.5
Over 9.5
Under 10.5
Total rounds 10.5
Over 10.5
Install Box.live on your device: tapand then Add to Home Screen.

Join box.live, it’s free!

Sign up