Mar 12 2022
Saturday

Motorpoint Arena, Nottingham, United Kingdom

12 rounds contest
@ Featherweight
25-2-0

Est. ringwalk:

2022-03-12T22:15:00Z ()

broadcast start time:

UK - TBC / US - TBC

16-0-0

Contest odds

Wood 6/4 (+150)
Draw -
Conlan 4/7 (-175)

Chance of winning

38.58% 61.42%
Bovada logo

Bet on Wood vs Conlan
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

33
Age
30
N/A
Height
5' 8" / 173 cm
N/A
Reach
68.9" / 175 cm
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

TKO 12TKO 9MD 10TKO 9KO 10
Form
UD 12MD 12TKO 10UD 10TKO 9
25
Wins
16
15
By KO
8
60
KO%
50
2
Losses
0
1
Stopped
0
0
Draws
0
2011
Debut
2017
132
Pro rounds
115

Current rankings @ Featherweight

6
The Ring
-
-
WBA
1
-
WBC
-
-
WBO
-
-
IBF
-

Wood vs Conlan betting preview

Bookmakers make Michael Conlan a favourite against Leigh Wood when they meet in their bout on Saturday 12th March 2022 at Motorpoint Arena, Nottingham, United Kingdom.

He is currently 4/7 (-175) to win the bout outright, while you can get 6/4 (+150) on Leigh Wood if you fancy the small upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 62% chance of Conlan winning while giving Wood a 38% chance.

Conlan opened as the favourite at 4/7 (-175).

Wood opened at 11/8 (+138) which has shorten by -28/25 (+89).

The fight is scheduled for 12 rounds in the Featherweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 126 pounds (8.82 stones or 57.27 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.

This contest is for the WBA featherweight championship of the world.

Wood vs Conlan Head To Head

Leigh Wood steps into the ring with a record of 25 wins, 2 loses and 0 draws, 15 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.

Michael Conlan will make his way to the ring with an unblemished record of 16 wins and 0 draws, with 8 of those by knock out.

The stats suggest Wood has a slight advantage in power over Conlan, with a 60% knock out percentage over Conlan's 50%.

Leigh Wood is the older man by 3 years, at 33 years old.

Both Leigh Wood & Michael Conlan fight out of an orthodox stance.

Wood is the more experienced professional fighter, having had 11 more fights, and made his debut in 2011, 5 years and 4 months earlier than Conlan, whose first professional fight was in 2017. He has fought 17 more professional rounds, 132 to Conlan's 115.

Leigh Wood goes into the fight ranked number 6 by the RING at featherweight.

Michael Conlan is currently ranked number 1 by the WBA in the 126lb division.

Wood vs Conlan betting form

Leigh Wood has stopped 4 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he won against Can Xu on 31st July 2021 by technical knockout in the 12th round in their WBA World Featherweight championship fight at Matchroom Fight Camp, Essex, United Kingdom.

Previous to that, he had won against Reece Mould on 13th February 2021 by technical knockout in the 9th round in their BBBOC British Featherweight championship fight at Wembley (SSE) Arena, London.

Going into that contest, he had been beaten by Jazza Dickens on 21st February 2020 by majority decision in their CBC Commonwealth Featherweight championship fight at York Hall, London. He was a 3/20 (-666) favourite going into the ring.

Before that, he had beat David Oliver Joyce on 4th October 2019 by technical knockout in the 9th round at York Hall, London. He was a 9/20 (-222) favourite going into the ring.

He had defeated Ryan Doyle on 10th May 2019 by knockout in the 10th round in their CBC Commonwealth Featherweight championship fight at Nottingham Arena, Nottinghamshire. He was a 2/5 (-250) favourite going into the ring.

Conlan remains undefeated as a professional, stopping 2 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he won against TJ Doheny on 6th August 2021 by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at Falls Park, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom.

Previous to that, he had won against Ionut Baluta on 30th April 2021 by majority decision in their 12 round contest at York Hall, London.

Going into that contest, he had defeated Sofiane Takoucht on 15th August 2020 by technical knockout in the 10th round at BT Sport Studio, London. He was a 1/50 (-4999) favourite going into the contest.

Before that, he had beat Vladimir Nikitin on 14th December 2019 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at Madison Square Garden, New York, United States.

Hehad won against Diego Alberto Ruiz on 3rd August 2019 by technical knockout in the 9th round at Marquee, Falls Park, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom. He was a 3/100 (-3333) favourite going into the contest.

Who's been more active?

If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, Michael Conlan has been fighting more than Leigh Wood.

Leigh Wood last fought 5 months and 29 days ago, while Michael Conlan's last outing was 5 months and 23 days ago.

Wood's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 8 months and 19 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 6 months and 18 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 50 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 10 rounds on average.

Conlan's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 5 months and 26 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 6 months and 1 day. In those fights, he fought a total of 53 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 10.6 rounds on average.

What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Wood vs Conlan Pre Fight?

The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 10:15 PM GMT at Motorpoint Arena, Nottingham, United Kingdom, which is 5:15 PM EST or 2:15 PM PST on the West Coast of America.

Where Can I Watch Wood vs Conlan for In-Play Betting?

Wood vs Conlan will be broadcast on DAZN Global in the UK, while the fight will be broadcast in the United States by DAZN.

Wood vs Conlan Odds History

Wood vs Conlan sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Wood vs Conlan
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Wood vs Conlan Betting Markets

Join box.live, it’s free!

Sign up