Dec 16 2023
Saturday

Desert Diamond Arena, Glendale, United States

10 rounds contest
@ Flyweight
5-0-0

Estimated Ringwalk:

2023-12-17T01:00:00Z ()

broadcast start time:

US - Sat 8:00pm EST / UK - Sun 1:00am

22-2-0

Contest odds

Yafai 1/10 (-1000)
Draw -
Santomauro 11/2 (+550)

Chance of winning

85.53% 14.47%
Bovada logo

Bet on Yafai vs Santomauro
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

30
Age
36
5' 2" / 157 cm
Height
5' 7" / 170 cm
68.1" / 173 cm
Reach
N/A
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

TKO 1TKO 4SD 10TKO 2TKO 5
Form
UD 10TKO 7UD 6
5
Wins
22
4
By KO
6
80
KO%
27
0
Losses
2
0
Stopped
1
0
Draws
0
2022
Debut
2009
22
Pro rounds
124

Current rankings @ Flyweight

-
The Ring
-
11
WBA
-
7
WBC
-
9
WBO
-
8
IBF
-

Yafai vs Santomauro betting preview

Bookmakers made Galal Yafai a massive favourite against Rocco Santomauro when they meet in their bout on Saturday 16th December 2023 at Desert Diamond Arena, Glendale, United States.

He is currently 1/10 (-1000) to win the bout outright, while you can get 11/2 (+550) on Rocco Santomauro if you fancy the massive upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 86% chance of Yafai winning while giving Santomauro a 14% chance.

Yafai opened as the favourite at 1/10 (-1000).

Santomauro opened at 11/2 (+550).

The fight is scheduled for 10 rounds in the Flyweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 112 pounds (7.84 stones or 50.91 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.

Yafai vs Santomauro Head To Head

Galal Yafai steps into the ring with an undefeated record of 5 wins, zero loses and 0 draws, 4 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.

Rocco Santomauro will make his way to the ring with a record of 22 wins, 2 loses and 0 draws, with 6 of those wins by knock out.

The stats suggest Yafai has a massive power advantage over Santomauro, boosting at 80% knock out percentage over Santomauro's 27%.

Galal Yafai is the younger man by 6 years, at 30 years old.

Santomauro has a height advantage of 5 inches over Yafai.

Both Galal Yafai & Rocco Santomauro fight out of an orthodox stance.

Yafai is the less experienced professional fighter, having had 19 less fights, and made his debut in 2022, 12 year and 3 months later than Santomauro, whose first professional fight was in 2009. He has fought 102 less professional rounds, 22 to Santomauro's 124.

Galal Yafai goes into the fight ranked number 11 by the WBA, 7 by the WBC, 9 by the WBO and 8 by the IBF at flyweight.

Yafai vs Santomauro betting form

Yafai remains undefeated as a professional, stopping 4 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he won against Tommy Frank on 19th August 2023 by technical knockout in the 1st round at Utilita Arena, Birmingham, United Kingdom. He was a 1/25 (-2500) favourite going into the ring.

Previous to that, he had won against Moises Calleros on 1st April 2023 by technical knockout in the 4th round at o2 Arena, London. He was a 1/12 (-1200) favourite going into the ring.

Going into that contest, he had beat Gohan Rodriguez Garcia on 5th November 2022 by split decision in their 10 round contest at Etihad Arena, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.

Before that, he had defeated Miguel Cartagena on 30th April 2022 by technical knockout in the 2nd round at Madison Square Garden, New York, United States.

He had won against Carlos Vado Bautista on 27th February 2022 by technical knockout in the 5th round at O2 Arena, London, United Kingdom.

Who's been more active?

Yafai's last 5 fights have come over a period of 1 year, 9 months and 19 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 4 months and 11 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 22 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 4.4 rounds on average.

Santomauro's last 3 fights have come over a period of 7 years, 10 months and 11 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 2 years, 7 months and 14 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 23 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 7.7 rounds on average.

What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Yafai vs Santomauro Pre Fight?

The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 8:00 PM EST / 5:00 PM PST at Desert Diamond Arena, Glendale, United States, which is around 1:00 AM GMT in the UK.

Where Can I Watch Yafai vs Santomauro for In-Play Betting?

Yafai vs Santomauro will be broadcast on DAZN in the US, while the fight will be broadcast in the United Kingdom by DAZN Global.

Yafai vs Santomauro Odds History

Yafai vs Santomauro sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Yafai vs Santomauro
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Yafai vs Santomauro Betting Markets

Join Box.Live, it’s free!

Sign up