Mar 16 2024
Saturday

The Chelsea, Las Vegas, United States

12 rounds contest
@ Lightweight
29-0-0

Estimated Ringwalk:

2024-03-17T04:00:00Z ()

broadcast start time:

US - TBC / UK - TBC

26-6-2

Contest odds

Zepeda 1/5 (-500)
Draw -
Hughes 7/2 (+350)

Chance of winning

78.95% 21.05%
Bovada logo

Bet on Zepeda vs Hughes
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

27
Age
33
5' 9" / 175 cm
Height
5' 7" / 170 cm
69.7" / 177 cm
Reach
66.9" / 170 cm
Southpaw (L)
Stance
Southpaw (L)

Full record

KO 6KO 2UD 12UD 10KO 3
Form
MD 12MD 12UD 12UD 12TKO 8
29
Wins
26
25
By KO
5
86
KO%
19
0
Losses
6
0
Stopped
2
0
Draws
2
2015
Debut
2010
131
Pro rounds
243

Current rankings @ Lightweight

5
The Ring
9
1
WBA
5
1
WBC
6
5
WBO
15
5
IBF
4

Zepeda vs Hughes betting preview

Bookmakers made William Zepeda a big favourite against Maxi Hughes when they meet in their bout on Saturday 16th March 2024 at The Chelsea, Las Vegas, United States.

He is currently 1/5 (-500) to win the bout outright, while you can get 7/2 (+350) on Maxi Hughes if you fancy the big upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 79% chance of Zepeda winning while giving Hughes a 21% chance.

Zepeda opened as the favourite at 1/6 (-590) however, that price has shortened by -103/100 (+100).

Hughes opened at 4/1 (+400) which has got wider by 1/-2 (+200).

The fight is scheduled for 12 rounds in the Lightweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 135 pounds (9.45 stones or 61.36 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.

This contest is an eliminator for the vacant IBF lightweight championship of the world.

Zepeda vs Hughes Head To Head

William Zepeda steps into the ring with an undefeated record of 29 wins, zero loses and 0 draws, 25 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.

Maxi Hughes will make his way to the ring with a record of 26 wins, 6 loses and 2 draws, with 5 of those wins by knock out.

The stats suggest Zepeda has a massive power advantage over Hughes, boosting at 86% knock out percentage over Hughes' 19%.

William Zepeda is the younger man by 6 years, at 27 years old.

Zepeda has a height advantage of 2 inches over Hughes. This also extends to a 3-inch reach advantage.

Both William Zepeda & Maxi Hughes fight out of a southpaw stance.

Zepeda is the less experienced professional fighter, having had 5 less fights, and made his debut in 2015, 5 year and 1 month later than Hughes, whose first professional fight was in 2010. He has fought 112 less professional rounds, 131 to Hughes' 243.

William Zepeda goes into the fight ranked number 1 by the WBA, 1 by the WBC, 5 by the WBO, 5 by the IBF and 5 by the RING at lightweight.

Maxi Hughes is currently ranked number 5 by the WBA, 6 by the WBC, 15 by the WBO, 4 by the IBF and 9 by the RING in the 135lb division.

Zepeda vs Hughes betting form

Zepeda remains undefeated as a professional, stopping 3 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he won against Mercito Gesta on 16th September 2023 by knockout in the 6th round at Commerce Casino, Commerce, United States. He was a 1/12 (-1200) favourite going into the ring.

Previous to that, he had won against Jaime Arboleda on 29th April 2023 by knockout in the 2nd round at College Park Center, Arlington. He was a 1/25 (-2500) favourite going into the ring.

Going into that contest, he had beat Joseph ‘Jo Jo’ Diaz on 29th October 2022 by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at Pechanga Arena, San Diego.

Before that, he had defeated Rene Alvarado on 14th May 2022 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at Toyota Arena, California. He was a 3/50 (-1700) favourite going into the ring.

He had won against Yerel Siezar on 19th February 2022 by knockout in the 3rd round at Plaza Monumental, Baja California, Mexico. He was a 1/100 (-10000) favourite going into the ring.

Hughes has beaten 4 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 1 of them, going the distance 3 times.

In his last fight, he lost to George Kambosos on 22nd July 2023 by majority decision in their IBF World Lightweight eliminator fight at FireLake Arena, Shawnee, United States. He was a 13/5 (+260) underdog going into the contest.

Previous to that, he had defeated Kid Galahad on 24th September 2022 by majority decision in their 12 round contest at Nottingham Arena, Nottingham, United Kingdom. He was a 81/50 (+160) underdog going into the contest.

Going into that contest, he had beat Ryan Walsh on 26th March 2022 by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at First Direct Arena, Yorkshire.

Before that, he had won against Jovanni Straffon on 4th September 2021 by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at Emerald Headingley Stadium, Leeds.

He had beat Paul Hyland Jnr on 19th March 2021 by technical knockout in the 8th round in their BBBOC British Lightweight championship fight at Bolton Whites Hotel (formerly De Vere Whites), Lancashire.

Who's been more active?

If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, William Zepeda has been fighting more than Maxi Hughes.

William Zepeda last fought 6 months ago, while Maxi Hughes' last outing was 7 months and 23 days ago.

Zepeda's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years and 26 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 5 months. In those fights, he fought a total of 33 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 6.6 rounds on average.

Hughes' last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 11 months and 26 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 7 months and 6 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 56 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 11.2 rounds on average.

What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Zepeda vs Hughes Pre Fight?

The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 12:00 AM EST / 9:00 PM PST at The Chelsea, Las Vegas, United States, which is around 4:00 AM GMT in the UK.

Where Can I Watch Zepeda vs Hughes for In-Play Betting?

Zepeda vs Hughes will be broadcast on DAZN in the US, while the fight will be broadcast in the United Kingdom by DAZN Global.

Zepeda vs Hughes Odds History

Zepeda vs Hughes sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Zepeda vs Hughes
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Zepeda vs Hughes Betting Markets

Join Box.Live, it’s free!

Sign up