Mar 08 2024
Friday

Kingdom Arena, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

12 rounds contest
@ Heavyweight
26-1-1

Estimated Ringwalk:

2024-03-08T19:00:00Z ()

broadcast start time:

US - Fri 11:00am EST / UK - Fri 4:00pm

34-3-0

Contest odds

Zhang 11/25 (-230)
Draw 14/1 (+1400)
Parker 7/4 (+180)

Chance of winning

65.63% 34.37%
Bovada logo

Bet on Zhang vs Parker
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

40
Age
32
6' 6" / 198 cm
Height
6' 4" / 193 cm
78" / 198 cm
Reach
76" / 193 cm
Southpaw (L)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

KO 3TKO 6UD 12KO 1TKO 2
Form
UD 12KO 3TKO 1UD 10KO 11
26
Wins
34
21
By KO
23
81
KO%
68
1
Losses
3
0
Stopped
1
1
Draws
0
2014
Debut
2012
93
Pro rounds
238

Current rankings @ Heavyweight

3
The Ring
4
-
WBA
3
-
WBC
3
-
WBO
2
-
IBF
-

Zhang vs Parker betting preview

Bookmakers made Zhilei Zhang a strong favourite against Joseph Parker when they come head-to-head in their clash on Friday 8th March 2024 at Kingdom Arena, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

He is currently 11/25 (-230) to win the clash outright, while you can get 7/4 (+180) on Joseph Parker if you fancy the upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 66% chance of Zhang winning while giving Parker a 34% chance.

Zhang opened as the favourite at 4/9 (-230).

Parker opened at 7/4 (+180).

The fight is scheduled for 12 rounds in the Heavyweight division, which means both fighters don't have to make any weight limit.

This contest is for the WBO heavyweight championship of the world.

Zhang vs Parker Head To Head

Zhilei Zhang steps into the ring with a record of 26 wins, 1 loss and 1 draw, 21 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.

Joseph Parker will make his way to the ring with a record of 34 wins, 3 loses and 0 draws, with 23 of those wins by knock out.

The stats suggest Zhang has advantage in power over Parker, with a 81% knock out percentage over Parker's 68%.

Zhang is currently 9/10 (-110) to get the knockout, while Parker is 11/2 (+550).

Zhilei Zhang is the older man by 8 years, at 40 years old.

Zhang has a height advantage of 2 inches over Parker. This also extends to a 2-inch reach advantage.

Zhilei Zhang fights out of the southpaw stance, while Joseph Parker is an orthodox fighter.

Zhang is the less experienced professional fighter, having had 9 less fights, and made his debut in 2014, 2 year and 1 month later than Parker, whose first professional fight was in 2012. He has fought 145 less professional rounds, 93 to Parker's 238.

If you think Parker will win on points, you can get odds of 7/2 (+350), while Zhang is 4/1 (+400) to win on the scorecards.

Zhilei Zhang goes into the fight ranked number 3 by the RING at heavyweight.

Joseph Parker is currently ranked number 3 by the WBA, 3 by the WBC, 2 by the WBO and 4 by the RING in the 201lb division.

Zhang vs Parker betting form

Zhilei Zhang has stopped 4 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he beat Joe Joyce on 23rd September 2023 by knockout in the 3rd round in their WBO Interim World Heavyweight championship fight at OVO Arena Wembley, London, United Kingdom. He was a 8/11 (-140) favourite going into the contest.

Previous to that, he had beat Joe Joyce on 15th April 2023 by technical knockout in the 6th round in their WBO Interim World Heavyweight championship fight at Copper Box Arena, London. He was a 6/1 (+540) underdog going into the contest.

Going into that contest, he had been beaten by Filip Hrgovic on 20th August 2022 by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at Jeddah Superdome, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

Before that, he had won against Scott Alexander on 7th May 2022 by knockout in the 1st round at T-Mobile Arena, Nevada, United States.

He had beat Craig Lewis on 27th November 2021 by technical knockout in the 2nd round at Madison Square Garden Theater, New York.

Parker has beaten 4 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 2 of them, going the distance twice.

In his last fight, he defeated Deontay Wilder on 23rd December 2023 by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at Kingdom Arena, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. He was a 9/2 (+450) underdog going into the fight.

Previous to that, he had defeated Simon Kean on 28th October 2023 by knockout in the 3rd round at Riyadh. He was a 1/9 (-910) favourite going into the fight.

Going into that contest, he had won against Faiga Opelu on 24th May 2023 by technical knockout in the 1st round at Margaret Court Arena, Melbourne, Australia. He was a 1/12 (-1200) favourite going into the fight.

Before that, he had defeated Jack Massey on 21st January 2023 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at Manchester Arena, Manchester, United Kingdom. He was a 1/8 (-830) favourite going into the fight.

He had lost to Joe Joyce on 24th September 2022 by knockout in the 11th round in their WBO Interim World Heavyweight championship fight at AO Arena, Manchester. He was a 3/2 (+150) underdog going into the fight.

Who's been more active?

If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, Joseph Parker has been fighting more than Zhilei Zhang.

Zhilei Zhang last fought 5 months and 14 days ago, while Joseph Parker's last outing was 2 months and 14 days ago.

Zhang's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 3 months and 10 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 5 months and 15 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 24 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 4.8 rounds on average.

Zhang is currently 9/10 (-110) to finish this fight in the 4th round, or 4/1 (+400) to win on points.

Parker's last 5 fights have come over a period of 1 year, 5 months and 13 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 3 months and 16 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 37 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 7.4 rounds on average.

Parker is currently 11/2 (+550) to finish this fight in the 7th round, or +350 (+350) to win on points.

What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Zhang vs Parker Pre Fight?

The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 7:00 PM UTC at Kingdom Arena, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, which is 2:00 PM EST or 11:00 AM PST on the West Coast of America, or 7:00 PM GMT in the UK.

Where Can I Watch Zhang vs Parker for In-Play Betting?

Zhang vs Parker will be broadcast on DAZN PPV UK in the UK, while the fight will be broadcast in the United States by DAZN PPV.

Zhang vs Parker Odds History

Zhang vs Parker sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Zhang vs Parker
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Zhang vs Parker Betting Markets

Winner Method of result Round betting Grouped betting Fight to go the distance Total rounds
Zhang
Parker

Round betting

Round 1
Round 2
Round 3
Round 4
Round 5
Round 6
Round 7
Round 8
Round 9
Round 10
Round 11
Round 12

Total rounds

Under 3.5
Total rounds 3.5
Over 3.5
Under 4.5
Total rounds 4.5
Over 4.5
Under 5.5
Total rounds 5.5
Over 5.5
Under 6.5
Total rounds 6.5
Over 6.5
Under 7.5
Total rounds 7.5
Over 7.5
Under 8
Total rounds 8
Over 8
Under 8.5
Total rounds 8.5
Over 8.5
Under 9.5
Total rounds 9.5
Over 9.5
Under 10.5
Total rounds 10.5
Over 10.5
Under Rounds
Total rounds Rounds
Over Rounds

Join Box.Live, it’s free!

Sign up