Jun 01 2024
Saturday

Kingdom Arena, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

12 rounds contest
@ Heavyweight
VS
43-3-1

Estimated Ringwalk:

2024-06-01T21:00:00Z ()

broadcast start time:

US - Sat 12:00pm EST / UK - Sat 5:00pm

26-2-1

Contest odds

Wilder 11/8 (+140)
Draw -
Zhang 4/7 (-180)

Chance of winning

39.75% 60.25%
Bovada logo

Bet on Wilder vs Zhang
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

38
Age
41
6' 7" / 201 cm
Height
6' 6" / 198 cm
83.1" / 211 cm
Reach
78" / 198 cm
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Southpaw (L)

Full record

UD 12KO 1KO 11TKO 7KO 7
Form
MD 12KO 3TKO 6UD 12KO 1
43
Wins
26
42
By KO
21
98
KO%
81
3
Losses
2
2
Stopped
0
1
Draws
1
2008
Debut
2014
174
Pro rounds
105

Current rankings @ Heavyweight

9
The Ring
4
10
WBA
-
7
WBC
9
13
WBO
2
-
IBF
8

Wilder vs Zhang betting preview

Bookmakers made Zhilei Zhang a favourite against Deontay Wilder when they meet in their bout on Saturday 1st June 2024 at Kingdom Arena, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

He is currently 4/7 (-180) to win the bout outright, while you can get 11/8 (+140) on Deontay Wilder if you fancy the small upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 61% chance of Zhang winning while giving Wilder a 39% chance.

Zhang opened as the favourite at 1/2 (-200) however, that price has shortened by 107/-100 (+90).

Wilder opened at 6/4 (+150) which has got wider by 22/-25 (+110).

The fight is scheduled for 12 rounds in the Heavyweight division, which means both fighters don't have to make any weight limit.

Wilder vs Zhang Head To Head

Deontay Wilder steps into the ring with a record of 43 wins, 3 losses and 1 draw, 42 of those wins coming by way of knockout.

Zhilei Zhang will make his way to the ring with a record of 26 wins, 2 losses and 1 draw, with 21 of those wins by knockout.

The stats suggest Wilder has an advantage in power over Zhang, with a 98% knockout percentage over Zhang's 81%.

Deontay Wilder is the younger man by 3 years, at 38 years old.

Wilder has a height advantage of 1 inch over Zhang. This also extends to a 5-inch reach advantage.

Deontay Wilder fights out of the orthodox stance, while Zhilei Zhang is a southpaw.

Wilder is the more experienced professional fighter, having had 18 more fights, and made his debut in 2008, 5 years and 8 months earlier than Zhang, whose first professional fight was in 2014. He has fought 69 more professional rounds, totaling 174 compared to Zhang's 105.

Deontay Wilder goes into the fight ranked number 10 by the WBA, 7 by the WBC, 13 by the WBO and 9 by the RING at heavyweight.

Zhilei Zhang is currently ranked number 9 by the WBC, 2 by the WBO, 8 by the IBF and 4 by the RING in the Heavyweight Division.

Wilder vs Zhang betting form

Deontay Wilder has stopped 2 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he lost to Joseph Parker on December 23, 2023 by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at Kingdom Arena, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. He was a 1/6 (-590) favourite going into the ring.

Prior to that, he had won against Robert Helenius on October 15, 2022 by knockout in the 1st round in their WBC World Heavyweight championship fight at Barclays Center, New York, United States. He was a 13/100 (-770) favourite going into the ring.

Going into that contest, he had been beaten by Tyson Fury on October 9, 2021 by knockout in the 11th round in their WBC World Heavyweight and The Ring Heavyweight championship fight at T-Mobile Arena, Nevada.

Before that, he had lost to Tyson Fury on February 22, 2020 by technical knockout in the 7th round in their WBC World Heavyweight and The Ring Heavyweight championship fight at MGM Grand, Las Vegas. He was a 11/4 (+280) underdog going into the ring.

He had beaten Luis Ortiz on November 23, 2019 by knockout in the 7th round in their WBC World Heavyweight championship fight at MGM Grand, Las Vegas.

Zhilei Zhang has stopped 3 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he lost to Joseph Parker on March 8, 2024 by majority decision in their WBO Interim World Heavyweight championship fight at Kingdom Arena, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. He was a 17/10 (+170) underdog going into the contest.

Prior to that, he had defeated Joe Joyce on September 23, 2023 by knockout in the 3rd round in their WBO Interim World Heavyweight championship fight at OVO Arena Wembley, London, United Kingdom. He was a 8/11 (-140) favourite going into the contest.

Going into that contest, he had won against Joe Joyce on April 15, 2023 by technical knockout in the 6th round in their WBO Interim World Heavyweight championship fight at Copper Box Arena, London. He was a 6/1 (+540) underdog going into the contest.

Before that, he had been beaten by Filip Hrgovic on August 20, 2022 by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at Jeddah Superdome, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

He had defeated Scott Alexander on May 7, 2022 by knockout in the 1st round at T-Mobile Arena, Nevada, United States.

Who's been more active?

If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, Zhilei Zhang has been fighting more than Deontay Wilder.

Deontay Wilder last fought 5 months and 9 days ago, while Zhilei Zhang's last outing was 2 months and 24 days ago.

Wilder's last 5 fights have come over a period of 4 years, 6 months and 9 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 10 months and 26 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 38 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 7.6 rounds on average.

Zhang's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years and 25 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 5 months. In those fights, he fought a total of 34 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 6.8 rounds on average.

What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Wilder vs Zhang Pre Fight?

The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 9:00 PM UTC at Kingdom Arena, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, which is 5:00 PM EST or 2:00 PM PST on the West Coast of America, or 10:00 PM BST in the UK.

Where Can I Watch Wilder vs Zhang for In-Play Betting?

The DAZN PPV show is expected to begin at 12:00 PM EST / 9:00 AM PST. The DAZN PPV UK broadcast of the card is expected to start at 5:00 PM (BST).

Wilder vs Zhang Odds History

Wilder vs Zhang sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Wilder vs Zhang
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Wilder vs Zhang Betting Markets

Join Box.Live, it’s free!

Sign up