Mar 02 2024
Saturday

Turning Stone Resort Casino, Verona, United States

12 rounds contest
@ Featherweight
12-0-0

Estimated Ringwalk:

2024-03-03T04:00:00Z ()

broadcast start time:

US - Sat 4:55pm EST / UK - Sun 1:00am

14-0-1

Contest odds

Kholmatov 8/13 (-160)
Draw 16/1 (+1600)
Ford 5/4 (+130)

Chance of winning

58.14% 41.86%
Bovada logo

Bet on Kholmatov vs Ford
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

25
Age
24
5' 7" / 170 cm
Height
5' 7" / 170 cm
N/A
Reach
N/A
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Southpaw (L)

Full record

TKO 5UD 12TKO 4TKO 2KO 3
Form
UD 12KO 8UD 10SD 10TKO 8
12
Wins
14
11
By KO
7
92
KO%
50
0
Losses
0
0
Stopped
0
0
Draws
1
2021
Debut
2019
47
Pro rounds
89

Current rankings @ Featherweight

-
The Ring
-
1
WBA
2
-
WBC
-
-
WBO
-
-
IBF
-

Kholmatov vs Ford betting preview

Bookmakers made Otabek Kholmatov a favourite against Raymond Ford when they meet in their bout on Saturday 2nd March 2024 at Turning Stone Resort Casino, Verona, United States.

He is currently 8/13 (-160) to win the bout outright, while you can get 5/4 (+130) on Raymond Ford if you fancy the small upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 59% chance of Kholmatov winning while giving Ford a 41% chance.

Kholmatov opened as the favourite at 8/13 (-160).

Ford opened at 13/10 (+130) which has got wider by -19/20 (+110).

The fight is scheduled for 12 rounds in the Featherweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 126 pounds (8.82 stones or 57.27 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.

This contest is for the vacant WBA featherweight championship of the world.

Kholmatov vs Ford Head To Head

Otabek Kholmatov steps into the ring with an undefeated record of 12 wins, zero loses and 0 draws, 11 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.

Raymond Ford will make his way to the ring with an unblemished record of 14 wins and 1 draw, with 7 of those by knock out.

The stats suggest Kholmatov has a massive power advantage over Ford, boosting at 92% knock out percentage over Ford's 50%.

Kholmatov is currently 81/50 (+160) to get the knockout, while Ford is 6/1 (+600).

Otabek Kholmatov is the older man by 1 year, at 25 years old.

Otabek Kholmatov fights out of the orthodox stance, while Raymond Ford is a southpaw.

Kholmatov is the less experienced professional fighter, having had 3 less fights, and made his debut in 2021, 2 year and 3 months later than Ford, whose first professional fight was in 2019. He has fought 42 less professional rounds, 47 to Ford's 89.

If you think Ford will win on points, you can get odds of 2/1 (+200), while Kholmatov is 3/1 (+300) to win on the scorecards.

Otabek Kholmatov goes into the fight ranked number 1 by the WBA at featherweight.

Raymond Ford is currently ranked number 2 by the WBA in the 126lb division.

Kholmatov vs Ford betting form

Kholmatov remains undefeated as a professional, stopping 4 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he beat Thomas Patrick Ward on 4th March 2023 by technical knockout in the 5th round at Newcastle Arena, Newcastle, United Kingdom. He was a 2/5 (-250) favourite going into the contest.

Previous to that, he had beat Andranik Grigoryan on 26th March 2022 by unanimous decision in their WBA Super World Featherweight eliminator fight at Caribe Royale Orlando, Florida, United States.

Going into that contest, he had won against Adrian Morel Solis on 21st December 2021 by technical knockout in the 4th round at Hotel Catalonia Malecon Center, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.

Before that, he had beat Juan Carlos Pena on 4th December 2021 by technical knockout in the 2nd round at Discoteca High Caribbean, Sosua.

He had defeated Estevin Herrera on 10th November 2021 by knockout in the 3rd round at Hostal Camping Yolimar, Santiago de Tolu, Colombia.

Ford remains undefeated as a professional, stopping 2 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he won against Jessie Magdaleno on 8th April 2023 by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at Boeing Center at Tech Port, San Antonio, United States. He was a 2/7 (-340) favourite going into the fight.

Previous to that, he had won against Sakaria Lukas on 12th November 2022 by knockout in the 8th round at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse, Cleveland.

Going into that contest, he had defeated Richard Medina on 25th June 2022 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at Tech Port Arena, Texas.

Before that, he had beat Edward Vazquez on 5th February 2022 by split decision in their 10 round contest at Footprint Center, Phoenix.

He had won against Felix Caraballo on 27th November 2021 by technical knockout in the 8th round at Madison Square Garden Theater, New York.

Who's been more active?

If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, Raymond Ford has been fighting more than Otabek Kholmatov.

Otabek Kholmatov last fought 11 months and 27 days ago, while Raymond Ford's last outing was 10 months and 23 days ago.

Kholmatov's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 3 months and 21 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 5 months and 17 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 26 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 5.2 rounds on average.

Kholmatov is currently 81/50 (+160) to finish this fight in the 5th round, or 3/1 (+300) to win on points.

Ford's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 3 months and 4 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 5 months and 14 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 48 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 9.6 rounds on average.

Ford is currently 6/1 (+600) to finish this fight in the 9th round, or +200 (+200) to win on points.

What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Kholmatov vs Ford Pre Fight?

The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 11:00 PM EST / 8:00 PM PST at Turning Stone Resort Casino, Verona, United States, which is around 4:00 AM GMT in the UK.

Where Can I Watch Kholmatov vs Ford for In-Play Betting?

The ESPN+ show is expected to begin at 4:55 PM EST / 1:55 PM PST. The Sky Sports Action broadcast of the card is expected to start at 1:00 AM (GTM).

Kholmatov vs Ford Odds History

Kholmatov vs Ford sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Kholmatov vs Ford
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Kholmatov vs Ford Betting Markets

Winner Method of result Round betting Grouped betting Fight to go the distance Total rounds
Kholmatov
Ford

Method of result

By KO TKO or DQ
By Decision or Technical Decision
Draw or Technical Draw

Fight to go the distance

Yes
No

Total rounds

Under 3.5
Total rounds 3.5
Over 3.5
Under 4.5
Total rounds 4.5
Over 4.5
Under 5.5
Total rounds 5.5
Over 5.5
Under 6.5
Total rounds 6.5
Over 6.5
Under 7.5
Total rounds 7.5
Over 7.5
Under 8.5
Total rounds 8.5
Over 8.5
Under 9.5
Total rounds 9.5
Over 9.5
Under 10.5
Total rounds 10.5
Over 10.5

Join Box.Live, it’s free!

Sign up