Dec 10 2022
Saturday

The SSE Arena (Odyssey Arena), Belfast, United Kingdom

10 rounds contest
@ Featherweight
17-1-0

Est. ringwalk:

2022-12-10T22:00:00Z ()

broadcast start time:

UK - N/A / US - Sat 1:15pm EST

30-6-0

Contest odds

Conlan 1/25 (-2500)
Draw 27/1 (+2700)
Guerfi 9/1 (+900)

Chance of winning

90.58% 9.42%
Bovada logo

Bet on Conlan vs Guerfi
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

31
Age
35
5' 8" / 173 cm
Height
5' 6" / 168 cm
68.9" / 175 cm
Reach
64.2" / 163 cm
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

UD 10TKO 12UD 12MD 12TKO 10
Form
KO 9SD 12TKO 1TKO 4TKO 3
17
Wins
30
8
By KO
9
47
KO%
30
1
Losses
6
1
Stopped
4
0
Draws
0
2017
Debut
2006
137
Pro rounds
229

Current rankings @ Featherweight

10
The Ring
-
6
WBA
-
7
WBC
-
9
WBO
-
9
IBF
-

Conlan vs Guerfi betting preview

Bookmakers made Michael Conlan a massive favourite against Karim Guerfi when they square off in their contest on Saturday 10th December 2022 at The SSE Arena (Odyssey Arena), Belfast, United Kingdom.

He is currently 1/25 (-2500) to win the contest outright, while you can get 9/1 (+900) on Karim Guerfi if you fancy the massive upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 91% chance of Conlan winning while giving Guerfi a 9% chance.

Conlan opened as the favourite at 1/20 (-2000).

Guerfi opened at 9/1 (+900).

The fight is scheduled for 10 rounds in the Featherweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 126 pounds (8.82 stones or 57.27 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.

Conlan vs Guerfi Head To Head

Michael Conlan steps into the ring with a record of 17 wins, 1 loss and 0 draws, 8 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.

Karim Guerfi will make his way to the ring with a record of 30 wins, 6 loses and 0 draws, with 9 of those wins by knock out.

The stats suggest Conlan has advantage in power over Guerfi, with a 47% knock out percentage over Guerfi's 30%.

Conlan is currently 67/100 (-150) to get the knockout, while Guerfi is 14/1 (+1400).

Michael Conlan is the younger man by 4 years, at 31 years old.

Conlan has a height advantage of 2 inches over Guerfi. This also extends to a 5-inch reach advantage.

Both Michael Conlan & Karim Guerfi fight out of an orthodox stance.

Conlan is the less experienced professional fighter, having had 18 less fights, and made his debut in 2017, 10 year and 3 months later than Guerfi, whose first professional fight was in 2006. He has fought 92 less professional rounds, 137 to Guerfi's 229.

If you think Guerfi will win on points, you can get odds of 22/1 (+2200), while Conlan is 13/10 (+130) to win on the scorecards.

Michael Conlan goes into the fight ranked number 6 by the WBA, 7 by the WBC, 9 by the WBO, 9 by the IBF and 10 by the RING at featherweight.

Conlan vs Guerfi betting form

Conlan has beaten 4 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 1 of them, going the distance 3 times.

In his last fight, he defeated Miguel Marriaga on 6th August 2022 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at The SSE Arena, Belfast, United Kingdom.

Previous to that, he had been beaten by Leigh Wood on 12th March 2022 by technical knockout in the 12th round in their WBA World Featherweight championship fight at Motorpoint Arena, Nottingham. He was a 53/100 (-190) favourite going into the ring.

Going into that contest, he had defeated TJ Doheny on 6th August 2021 by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at Falls Park, Northern Ireland.

Before that, he had beat Ionut Baluta on 30th April 2021 by majority decision in their 12 round contest at York Hall, London.

He had won against Sofiane Takoucht on 15th August 2020 by technical knockout in the 10th round at BT Sport Studio, London. He was a 1/50 (-5000) favourite going into the ring.

Guerfi has beaten 2 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 1 of them, going the distance once.

In his last fight, he lost to Jordan Gill on 27th February 2022 by knockout in the 9th round at O2 Arena, London, United Kingdom.

Previous to that, he had beat Andoni Gago on 13th August 2021 by split decision in their 12 round contest at Plaza de Toros de Puerto Banus, Andalucía, Spain.

Going into that contest, he had lost to Lee McGregor on 19th March 2021 by technical knockout in the 1st round at Bolton Whites Hotel (formerly De Vere Whites), Lancashire, United Kingdom. He was a 11/2 (+550) underdog going into the contest.

Before that, he had been beaten by Michael Dasmarinas on 20th April 2018 by technical knockout in the 4th round in Singapore.

He had defeated Ryan Farrag on 4th June 2016 by technical knockout in the 3rd round at Echo Arena, Liverpool, United Kingdom.

Who's been more active?

If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, Michael Conlan has been fighting more than Karim Guerfi.

Michael Conlan last fought 4 months ago, while Karim Guerfi's last outing was 9 months and 9 days ago.

Conlan's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 3 months and 21 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 5 months and 17 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 56 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 11.2 rounds on average.

Conlan is currently 67/100 (-150) to finish this fight in the 11th round, or 13/10 (+130) to win on points.

Guerfi's last 5 fights have come over a period of 6 years, 6 months and 2 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 1 year, 3 months and 20 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 29 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 5.8 rounds on average.

Guerfi is currently 14/1 (+1400) to finish this fight in the 5th round, or +2200 (+2200) to win on points.

What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Conlan vs Guerfi Pre Fight?

The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 10:00 PM GMT at The SSE Arena (Odyssey Arena), Belfast, United Kingdom, which is 5:00 PM EST or 2:00 PM PST on the West Coast of America.

Where Can I Watch Conlan vs Guerfi for In-Play Betting?

The fight will be broadcast in the United States by ESPN+.

Conlan vs Guerfi Odds History

Conlan vs Guerfi sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Conlan vs Guerfi
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Conlan vs Guerfi Betting Markets

Winner Method of result Round betting Grouped betting Fight to go the distance Total rounds
Conlan
Guerfi
Install Box.live on your device: tapand then Add to Home Screen.

Join box.live, it’s free!

Sign up